On Television

"Okay, so what is the one thing you think of immediately when I say, 'OMG! That was fun!'" Thomas says popping an M&M in his mouth.

You smile, "You mean besides 'Crap, Thomas has been possessed?'"

He smiles, "Sure."

You smile and look up at the ceiling, "Probably, when I was still living in Utah, I was about fourteen, almost fifteen, and me and my two best friends and one of their older sisters had come to our soccer game, now my two best friends were on the team,"

Thomas nods along as you speak.

"And it was the last game of the season and emotions were high, so i asked the coach if I could sit this one out. So he let me. And we lost so bad. At the end of the soccer game our goalie and one of our forwards and defenders all started talking and argueing with each other and they all left before we could have our team talk because they were crying and upset, and me and my friends felt kind of awkward at first but afterward we went to Sonic and got milkshakes and we just started laughing uncontrollably over the whole thing. It was the best."

You look over at Thomas. His eyebrows are furrowed and he's giving you a strange look, "That's your fun moment? That's awful! What kind of sick child were you?"

You laugh, "Well, we were all very tired and we had been upset. It was just fun to let loose and laugh. Even if it was about something completely stupid. Team sports are stressful, you know?"

He shakes his head, " I guess."

You look at him, staring into his eyes and him staring back, your amused expression wears off on him and he begins to grin. He pokes you in the arm, "Your turn."

"Cool. I have a good one. You should be worried."

He fakes a nervous look, "Okay."

"What are your top five favorite movies?"

"Hmmmm." He says thinking, "I like Gremlins, Oliver (the one based off the book), Shrek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Lady in the Water."

You laugh, "Okay, now Ninja Turtles I understand. But Gremlins? What are you like sixteen?"

He sticks his tounge out, "Maybe I am."

"Several hundred sixteen year old girls WISH you were."

He sighs, "I know. It's a burden being this good looking, but I've learned to accept it."

You shake your head and say, "Your turn."

"Wait, no. I'm thinking." He looks at me a mischevious twinkle in his eye, "I'm bored."

You raise your eyebrows at him expectantly, "How nice."

He leans over to you and says, "We could leave. They don't need us on set for like two hours! We could go do something."

"We'd get in huge trouble if we just left!"

"No, it's okay! We'll tell someone first!"

"I dunno." You look away from his pleading excited eyes because honestly it's much too hard to say no to him. His big brown doe eyes do not help you think clearly.

"Come on!" He says, grabbing your hand and pulling you up, "Let's go tell them!"

- - - -

They let you go reluctantly, saying you had fourty-five minutes only. What you were going to do in fourty-five minutes? You had no clue. Thomas was driving in his manly black mustang with the tinted windows.