Too Comfortable

Being woke up at five thiry in the morning by your boyfriend, was certainly not on your to-do list for the day.

You feel shifting on the other side of your bed, "Hey, Iris!"

You groan.

You feel warm breathe on your face, "Iris."

You crack open your eyes and find a dark shape hovering right over you. You jump and push at the shape. It chuckles and lays down next to you.

"Thomas! What are you doing in my room, in my BED, at....FIVE THRITY in the morning!?" You say blinking from sleep.

"I couldn't sleep." He says quietly.

"Well, I can't either. Know why?" You say with tired sass.

"Hmmmm?"

"Because you just WOKE ME UP!" You cry.

"Well, now that we're both awake-" Thomas starts.

"We'll try to go back to sleep? Because I would not object to that."

"Nah. I won't be able to sleep. You can fall asleep. I'll watch you."

"Oh, that's comforting." You roll your eyes.

"I'm getting under the covers." Thomas tells you.

"Make yourself comfortable." You sigh.

Once he's under the covers he lays down to face you. You're both in your side, heads in pillows. The only difference is you're tired, he's not.

"So did you have any dreams?" Thomas asks.

You try to recall, "Probably. I don't remember though."

"Do you remember a dream you've ever had?"

"Of course."

"How'd it go?"

You sit thoughtfully. You don't really want to tell him about the one he was in. That might either be creepy or he'd say it was a sign that you were supposed to move in together. Seeing as you didn't want him to have that leverage you told him one from your childhood.

"When I was little I used to have this similar dream quite often. I would be in church with my family, and then I'd get up to go to the bathroom and find a dragon in the hallway. I'd run from it and it'd chase me. But spider man would save me every time. It was pretty weird."

"You dream that when you were a child? How old were you?"

"I dunno. Five or six."

"Five or six!? Isn't that a little scary for a five or six year old? Wouldn't it be traumatizing!?" Thomas exclaims.

"Yeah. That'd be why I remember it." You justify.

"That's creepy." Thomas mutters.

You remain silent, closing your eyes. Fatigue tries to settle over you. It's been starting to get cold outside. And you of course had to wear shorts to bed last night. Typical. You shiver from the cold.

Next to you Thomas frowns, "Are you cold dearest?"

You give a brief smile, "Just a little. I'm fine."

Thomas' hands snake under the covers finding your hands. He raises his eyebrows, "Just a LITTLE? You're freezing!"

"It's not so bad." You murmer sleepily.

He shakes his head, "Nope. I'm going to warm you up."

He rearranges him self, snuggling up close to you and putting his arm around you, until your face in nuzzled into his chest.

"Um...." You start, uncomfortablely.

"Getting a little too comfortable." You mutter.

"No, ma'am. This is not negotiatable." Thomas says firmly.

"But-"

"Nope!" Thomas says popping the P.

You sigh. You must admit, he is nice and warm. You start to calm down, feeling the fatigue over come you. You close you eyes and scoot closer to Thomas' radiating heat. His chin rests on the top of your head.

The last thoughts you have, before you go under, are of Thomas.

Author:

I'm dedicating this chapter to my Mum! Today is her birthday. :-)

OVER SIX THOUSAND READS! More like almost seven thousand but you get the point.... A month of writing this story has come and gone and it's been awesome!!!!

Thank you guys so much for reading my story! I've enjoyed writing it and hearing your options on it. Comments are seriously the bomb.

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

Thanks you guys!!!!

-Sunny