Eventful

Your flip flops smack against the bottom of your feet as you walk along the gravel road. The shore is less than a hundred yards on your left, and although the road is wide enough for two lane traffic, no cars pass by. That's how it is on the island. There are the occasional golf carts, but mostly just walkers and bikers. On the other side of the road, there are convient stores and small shack-like houses. Most of the buildings are made from concrete, and a small, dirty picket fence separates the houses from the roads. Really, the island doesn't have very many people on it.

Your hand feels kind of sticky in Thomas', but you hold onto it nonetheless. It's hot here, so the both of you opted for just walking around in your swimsuits. You lean on Toms shoulder as you walk. Weariness and fatuigue follow you.

The two of you had had a very eventful day. The morning had been spent snorkeling, in which the two of you had encountered a shark. That had proven to be the most terrifying experience in you life. Thomas had quickly pulled you down to the floor of the ocean until the shark had passed. Once the shark had gone by, he quickly dragged you to the surface and refused for either of you to enter the water again. Not that you were too eager either, but still. Then that afternoon, you biked around the island, which was a lot bigger than it seemed.

Now, coming to the point that the two of your were hungry and wanted something to eat.

"That crab shack thing on the shore looked pretty good." Thomas says, looking at you as the two of you walk along, "Want to try there?"

You smile, "Sure."

It isn't far down the road. The small, brown building is one of the nicer ones on the island. Thomas holds the door for you as you walk in and the two of you are seated.

You stare out the window, of at the sea. Belieze really is a beutiful place. It's very different from America, but it's still wonderful.

You suddenly notice the weight of a set of eyes, sitting across from you. You look over at Thomas. He studies you deeply. He notices you looking at him, but doesn't seem to care and continues staring at you.

"What?" You ask him.

His mouth twitches upwards slightly, as he shakes his head.

You half frown half smile and lean forward, "No, really? What?"

"I....I don't know. Nothing." He mutters.

You shadow your eyes.

He sighs and looks down at the table, "I could've lost you today. That shark could've attacked you and I would've had to watch you die. I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. That was scary, Iris. I would be physically....unable to move on. I would never accept your loss. I just...." He sighs, "I don't know."

You reach forward, taking his hand, "Thomas, there's always a chance that something might happen. To either of us. And if something does happen, we just have to push through it. It'd be hard, but that's the only choice we would have. The shark thing is over now. We should both be grateful that nothing DID happen. Next time we'll be more cautious."

He nods as a waiter approaches. The man smiles happily, "Hello! I'm your waiter from this evening! Tú habla English ó espanol?"

"English." Thomas nods.

"English! Excellent! Do you know what you would like to drink?"

Thomas looks at you inquiring.

"Just water." You say.

Thomas nods, "Same here. Just two waters, please."

"Two waters! Coming right up!" He says, bouncing on the balls of his feet. He walks back to the kitchen.

The two of you sit quietly, thinking. You mind wanders until you say, "You know who I miss seeing?"

Thomas looks up at you, humming, "Who?"

"I miss Dylan and Ki and Will. And my family. And your family. And all those people who are close to us." You say, in a trance.

Thomas nods, "Me too. We should go visit them in a couple of months."

You look at him, "Really?"

He shrugs, "Yeah. I can do stuff like that, you know. I used to visit friends and family quite often. Until I met you. But we could get back into the habit."

You smile, "Okay. I'd like that."

He smiles at you as the waiter brings your drinks out, "What would the two of you like to eat?"

He sets your cups on the table and pulls out a small notebook.

Thomas glances at the menu for a split second, "The lobster dinner, please."

"Lobster dinner." He mutters writing it down. He looks at you, "How about you?"

You smile, feeling a little awkward, "Just the house salad."

He nods, jotting it down, "You food will be out shortly."

"Thanks " Thomas nods, looking at you. He grins as the waiter walks away. He leans over to you, "Just a salad? Are you bloody serious? They have lobster for fifteen dollars! That's ridiculously cheep!"

"I don't like sea food." You scrunch up your nose.

He chuckles, "Fancy us coming to a bloody seafood restaurant then."

"I like salad just fine." You nod.

He shakes his head, "Iris Sangster, you really are an amazing woman."

You grin, "Yeah. I know "

Author:

Short chapter.

Sorry.

Life is happening.

Turns out my Mum has started reading my story. Which is really awkward because it's like, "Oh, here, Mum! Take a look at this fanfic I like to imagine about. It's about this guy I like! We get married and everything! Isn't that great that your daughter writes mushy stuff about someone she'll never meet!"

Yeah, it's just really awkward because I'm a very secretive person....

In the best way possible.

Anyway, (I say 'anyway' a lot)

A LOT OF READS!

A LOT OF VOTES!

A LOT OF COMMENTS!

A LOT OF AWESOMENESS!

SO YAY!

I'm rushing out now

BYE GUYSSSS!

-Sunny