Discovering the Unexpected

You sit on the floor sniffling. This part was always sad for you. But now you pictured Thomas as Newt, and it made it so much worse. The sad thing was you could picture Thomas screaming, "KILL ME!" It was distressing. And you certainly didn't like the experience.

You think back to when you were filiming the first movie. Where it all began. All the good memories you made with everyone there.

You've heard people say it's the bad memories that hurt the most. But you've come to the conclusion that they're wrong. Sure, the bad memories sucked. Saying goodbye to Thomas. And the whole Kaya thing. And the moments where you felt confused and the heartache that weighed you down. But it was the good memories that drove you insane. Because you'd think back on them and wish that you could either relive those moments, or make new ones like them. You wish you could go back to that day at Krispy Kreams. Or that time you made chicken alfredo after the guys had just shown up at your house. But you couldn't. You could only wish.

Across the set you hear your director call, "Everyone on set! Get ready to go!"

You pull yourself together and close your book. I guess the depression of Thomas -you mean- Newt, dying would just have to wait.

You walk onto the stage. The commercial is really cheesy. You take your place at the dining room table. You're the obnoxious, annoying, grumpy older sister in this commercial. You can pull it off pretty well. You look younger than you are, anyway.

Braden is the older brother. And Nathan is the younger brother.

Nathan takes his position on the far side of the set. When they call "rolling" Nathan comes rushing on stage, "Mom....I kinda sorta got my shirt dirty."

Nancy, the kind older lady who plays the mom, turns around from washing dishes to examine her son, who is a little more than kinda sorta dirty.

Now's your line, "Again, little brother?"

Braden's turn, "You got into another scuffle with the neighborhood kids didn't you?"

"We were just messing around." Nathan grins.

"Don't worry, son! It's a good thing-"

"CUT!" The director calls, "Nancy, can I speak with you for a moment?"

Nancy nods and walks over to the director.

Nathan looks at you and Braden and makes a face, "Figure I have time to go to the bathroom?"

Braden glances at Nathan, "Yeah. Why didn't you go on break?"

Nathan starts to turn around, "I didn't have to go then!" Then he runs off stage in the direction of the bathroom.

You chuckle, "He's a funny kid."

"Yeah." Braden smiles a bit, staring at you.

He frowns before he leans forward, "So, I was wondering....you know, we've known each other for a few weeks and, I dunno, I thought maybe you'd like to go out sometime?"

Your eyes get wide and you can feel your eyebrows shoot up. That was unexpected. And really, really out of the blue. You feel yourself blush.

You sigh, "Braden, I appreciate the offer, but I have a boyfriend."

"Who left you to go to London. Why would he leave you if he loves you?" Braden says, trying to sound convincing.

If Thomas hadn't happened in your life....maybe you would be accepted his offer. And you would've been eager in accepting because Braden was a really nice guy, but....no matter where he was or the fact that you were to shy to voice it, you love Thomas. In nine months you had decided you loved Thomas. You'd fallen. And you'd fallen hard.