Carefree

You glance at your phone for the millionth time. You're happy for Percy and Thalia. You really are. But in all honesty, it takes everything in you not to burst into tears every time you see them so happy. It's overwhelming.

Thalia looks so beautiful. You remember feeling that beautiful. And the thing that topped your wedding off, was having Thomas right beside you. But he's not beside you anymore. He's in a hospital bed, slowly bleeding to death and you can't do anything about it.

You stare at your feet. The white shoes Thalia picked for the brides maids dresses embellish your feet. Theyre pretty white flats. The pale blue brides maids dress hugs your stomache.

Suddenly, you feel an arm around you. You look up and find Thalia standing next to you. Her long, lace sleeves wrap around you. A small feather is wrapped into her red-haired bun.

"Thank you for staying." She says.

You smile, "No problem. I'm happy for the two of you."

Thalia looks across the room at Percy, who talks animated with Zane and a couple other friends. They bend over laughing, just like they did in high school. You smile slightly, "Wouldn't miss it."

She laughs and takes a seat next to you, "I'm pretty sure most people would beg to differ. You seemed quite set on leaving as soon as possible last night."

You sigh, not saying anything. All you want to do right now is curl up. Preferably with Thomas. But that's not really an option right now.

"It's not that I don't want to be here." You mumble, "It's just that I want to be with my husband."

Thalia nods, "I understand."

You look at Thalia, "Can I offer you some advice?"

She nods, "Of course."

"Don't take the time you have with him for granted. There are so many things that I wish Tom and I couldve done. But....just don't be so carefree with him. He may not be around forever."

She nods, "Okay."

She quickly embraces you once more, before she fades out into the crowd of people.

You close your eyes again.

The next time you're interrupted, it's a deep male voice.

"I heard about Thomas. It really sucks. He's a good guy."

You look up and find Zane a few feet away.

You try to force a smile, "Hey, Zane."

He rolls his eyes and takes a seat next to you, "You don't have to do any of that fake, 'I'm fine. See? Look I'm smiling.' Crap on me. I know you're upset. Anyone on your situation would be."

You take a deep breath and let your smile drop.

"It really does suck." You say, bitterly.

Zane looks at you and sighs, "I'm not really sure why I came over here. Maybe because both you and Thomas and Percy are all my friends and I feel like you need comforting. Seriously I'm surprised you're here, Iris. You must be a lot stronger than one thinks to be attending a wedding after what happened. Today, it might be hard to see past the sorrow. But maybe tomorrow it'll help you. Just to remember why life can be great."

You look at Zane, and let a single tear roll down your cheek. You chuckle, "You've been talking to Thomas too much."

He laughs, "Just something to think about."

Jumping on the Train (Thomas Sangster fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें