Regular

You'd come to the conclusion that it was okay to not be okay. On the car ride here you'd cried. For how long you weren't sure. But just knowing that you were going to be separated from Thomas for a short amount of time, broke your heart even more. Because what if he woke up while you were gone? Or if he....took a REALLY long sleep, if you understand my meaning.

You'd gotten here last night and your Mom was pretty much afraid to say his name. She never said, "Thomas", she said, " Your husband" or, "Your child's father". But she didn't understand that it didn't hurt you to hear his name. The mention of his name doesn't remind you that he's not here, it reminds you that people remember he was here and that he's too loved to forget.

You stare up at the top of the bunk bed. Normally, you would sleep on the top bunk, but the baby bump sticking out makes it sort of difficult to climb up the ladder. So Juliette sleeps on the top bunk.

You have "morning" sickness again. This time it's the right time of day. You've been coughing and your head feels like it's stuffed with cotton. Your stomache aches from the constant coughing. You close your eyes. Going back to sleep would be lovely. But you won't be able to. You don't have amazing ability of sleeping whenever you want. Once you're awake, you're awake.

You shiver from the cold of Utah as you toss the sheets off and tip toe to your suit case, grabbing a flowy navy blue shirt, jeans and warm socks. Today feels like a hot chocolate morning.

You slip on your clothes and slide quietly out of the room so you don't disturb Juliette. You walk down the hallway and into the living room. There is no one in here. Percy, Sidney and your Aunt and Uncle haven't arrived yet. They're getting here today. But when you step into the kitchen, your eyes land on your Mother by the sink and Wright, peering into the fridge.

That's right. Juliette invited Wright to Thanksgiving. It's only really weird for your sister to have a boyfriend. They've gotten super close and seem to be getting serious. Which makes you either want to punch Wright, or congratulate him on winning Juli's heart.

But Wright being here isn't the strangest part. Will is coming. The one and only Will Poulter will be joining your family for Thanksgiving. Now THAT'S going to be weird. Sidney is really concerned that he won't feel confortable around our family. And she may be right. But Will knows you and you're so certain he'll at least LIKE your family. Even after he realizes you're all crazy.

Wright is the first to see you, "Hey, Iris! Juli still sleeping?"

You nod and waddle into the kitchen, "As usual."

Your mom looks at you, "How do you feel?"

You shadow your eyes, "Wheres a wall? Let me go hit my head against it."

Your Mom chuckles, "It'll all be worth it. Your family will think youre a supehero."

You roll your eyes, grabbing a bannana on your way out of the kitchen, "Yeah, a really tired, weak superhero that eats all the time and cant lift heavy objects."

Wright follows you out of the kitchen, into the living room, chuckling, "I hope when Juliette gets pregnant she isn't like this."

You frown and furrow your eyebrows at him.

He smiles embarrassed, "Too soon?"

"Yeah." You nod, still frowning.

" 'Kay." He says.

You sit on the couch, holding your banana in your hand. You tilt your head back, cringing. You take deep, even breaths and squeeze your banana. You try to decrease the pain in your swelling feet. It hurts to breathe. Why does it hurt to breathe? You feel the banana collapse in your hand.