Bradley Walker and Shadow China

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Thomas asks.

"Positive." You say, "I told you, if I need anything I'LL call YOU."

"Don't try moving anymore furniture." Thomas says, "I KNOW you moved the lounge chair yesterday. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Thomas, i am still a human being. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I can lift furniture." You say, starting to get testy.

"Iris-"

"I have officially stopped listening to anything else you have to say on this matter." You say, stubbornly.

Thomas sighs, "Iris, please, be careful."

"I will." You promise.

He takes a deep breath, "I've got to go. Keep me updated. If either of the babies even bloody kick, I want to know."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye." He says.

Both of you hang up and you sigh.

He's so gosh darn protective.

You stretch your aching back and send a quick text to Sidney -

You're getting in this evening right? I want you to be here with me when I go into labor. I just KNOW Thomas is going to freak out when the contractions start.

You walk into the kitchen to make some hot chocolate. You grab a mug and pour some milk in it. You're about to stick it in the microwave when you get another text-

My flight gets in at eight o'clock. Just be glad it's May and I'm on summer break. Don't worry. Just sit tight. And tell your children to do the same.

You chuckle and look down at your stomache, "You hear that. Sit tight. Behave. Or as your Daddy would have said when he was younger - 'Beehive'."

You set your phone on the counter and open the microwave to set the mug in. Then you feel something wet drip down your legs.

Darn it. You spilled the milk.

Now you've got to bend over and clean it up.

You look down and don't find milk. Instead, you find a pool of clear liquid, that continues to drip down your legs.

Crap.

Your water broke.

You don't find an occasion, quite often, where you have the urge to swear, but you feel that right now is a good qualification, "Oh, sh*t."

You grab your phone off the counter and dial Thomas.

Someone picks up after a few rings, "Hello? Is this Iris?"

"Yes, it is! I need Thomas right now!" You say, your voice getting high pitched.

"Just a minute. Is everything okay?"

A wave of pain hits your midsection and you gasp, clutching your stomache.

"It would be a lot better if someone went and freaking got Thomas Brodie Sangster for me!" You almost shout it.

You hear Thomas in the background, "I've got it, I've got it."

He picks up the phone, "Everything okay, flower?"

"I need you to come home!"

"Babe, I can't just leave work without an applicable reason." He says.

More pain.

"MY WATER FREAKING BROKE! YOU ARE COMING HOME RIGHT NOW AND YOU ARE DRIVING ME TO THE HOSPITAL BEFORE I GO INTO FREAKING LABOR!"