Come Home

Thomas POV:

Stiff. Every part of me is stiff, achy, and sore. Apart from that, I feel weak. Even thinking in a strain and it drains the little energy I have. There's a dull pain in my hip that shoots all the way down to my leg, like I just got a shot at the doctors office. Hunger grips mg stomach. Sweat beads the back of my neck. And my eyes feel like they've been glued shut. And there's something heavy and warm on my stomach.

Where am I? Where ever I am, it's really uncomfortable. There's a seady beeping noise every few seconds. It doesn't sound like me or Iris' alarm. Maybe Iris is cooking something in the oven and the timer is going off? No, no. It doesn't sound like the timer either.

I crack my eyes open, blinking, "Oh, gosh."

I lift my left hand to my eyes to rub them. My other hand is pinned down by....

Iris?

Her head lays on my stomach, her hair flowing around her face. She looks so cute like that.

Wait a minute.

Why is she like that?

And why am I like this?

Where....

I look around.

Machines surround me. There are tubes hooked up to my arms. White sheets cover me. I'm in a blue hospital gown.

What happened?

I reach over with my free and and stroke Iris' hair, whispering in a scratchy voice,  "Iris. Babe, wake up."

My voice seems to jerk her awake. Her eyes snap open and her head slowly lifts to look up at me. Her eyes widen and her mouth drops open stunned, "Thomas?"

I look at her expectantly, "Last time I checked, yes. I'm Thomas."

Her eyes fill with tears of joy as she leaps over to me, throwing her arms around my neck. I'm surprised, but I wrap my arms around her anyway, embracing her as she sobs into my shoulder. 

"Iris, flower," I try to calm her by rubbing circles in her back, "It's okay...it's okay. What happened?"

She shudders as she pulls away, her hands press on either side of my cheeks. She stares at me, still crying quietly. For several moments, all she does is look in my eyes, as if she'd never seen anything quite like them.

Concerned, I frown, "Iris?"

"Your eyes." She mumbles, staring at me still.

My heart beating quickly, I ask, "What about them."

More tears brim her eyes. Her mouth forms an astonished smile as she whispers the words, "They're open."

And then she pulls me towards her, pressing her lips firmly against mine. Our lips slide against each other as she kisses me, desperately. I can taste the longing in her skin. I can taste the salt from her tears.

I try to pull her closer, but something stops me. Something presses against me.

We both pull away, slowly. Iris watches me carefully, her face full of anxiety as I look down at her.

That....did not used to be there.

A round large bump sticks out of her stomache.

I feel my eyes widen and my heart start racing.

"Iris," I mumble, in shock, "You're...."

She bites her lip and looks at me nervously, tears still fall from her eyes, "Pregnant." She finishes for me, "Thomas, I'm pregnant."