Oh, What a Life

*three years later (Shad and Bradley are seven)*

"BRAD, BYRON, YOU'D BETTER NOT BE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AGAIN!" You hear Juliette yell.

Choas and small children are all around you. Cedric and Clyde run past you, yelling at each other. You maneuver around the many people in the household, trying to put together the Christmas cards. You got Percy and Thalia's family pictures in your hand right now. You took the pictures today. Percy had made everyone wear clothes from his new designer line. It was really weird to hear when Percy told you he'd started a fashion line. In high school, you never would have guessed he'd do something like that.

Poor Thalia had ended up with three little rowdy boys. Byron, the oldest, the ring leader. He was JUST like his father. In appearance and personality. His two younger brothers, Cedric and Clyde, thought he put the stars in the sky. Byron and Bradley had been iseperable since birth. Which left Shad to defend herself against the boys. But she did a good job. Using her clever brain to prank them away when necessary.

You sit down at the dining room table, trying to get the photos organized. You have the Sharks ready. Now you just have to get the Poulter's, the Sangster's and the Country's.

Suddenly you hear a knock at the front door. Will shouts, "SOMEONE GET THAT, I'M TRYING TO GET THIS KID DRESSED!"

Thomas and Juliette stand at the stove in the kitchen. Wright in the fridge. Thomas sighs and looks up at you, "Could you get it, flower? I'm still trying to figure out the whole turkey situation. "

"It wouldn't be a situation if we'd gotten a ham!" Juliette grumbles.

"I don't like ham!" You pout, getting up to get the door.

"Yeah, well, you're weird!" Juliette exclaims, after you.

You walk to the cabins front door and open it.

On the other side stand Willa and Dylan. Derek hangs onto Willas hand, jumping up and down excitedly. He looks JUST like Dylan. His tan skin, dark hair, slightly upturned nose. Clyde runs into the room and spots Derek.

"DEREK!"

"CLYDE!"

"Save me." Willa mutters.

Derek runs into the house after Clyde. Dylan chuckles, "You love him."

"He's like Calvin, from Calvin ad Hobbes. He destroyed my coffee table today." Willa says, "He's JUST like his father."

You pat Willas shoulder, "Bless your heart."

Dylan shrugs and steps in, his usual mischeviousness has not worn off. Not even in marriage or parenthood. You think having Derek kind of inspired his inner child.

"So how are you two doing?" You ask as Willa steps in after him.

"Grand." She says, "I love our new beach house. I mean, really, I'm in love with it. The thing i'm NOT in love with, is how Derek brought a turtle in the house the other day and his father told him he could KEEP it!" She says, pointedly to Dylan.

"He keeps it in an aquarium." Dylan shrug, "And you shouldve seen him! He looked so hopeful! So I told him yes."

"But-" Willa starts.

Then Dylan spots the hot tub on there back porch of the cabin, "OH!" He runs outside.

Willa looks at you, "Well, his attention span lasted longer than I expected it to."

You shake your head, "I cannot believe we are all staying in this little cabin for the holidays."

Willa grins, "Yeah, it'll be a lot of fun. And cramped and chaotic, but fun."