Has to Be

You don't know the last thing about wedding planning. And you're totally against getting a wedding planner because they'll tell you what to do. Luckily for you, you have Pinterest. And a ever-growing list of things to be done.

1. Set a budget and determine how the costs will be divided.

2. Set a date and reserve venues

3. Start the guest list and estimate the costs of each

4. Start a folder for reciepts

5. Select your wedding party

6. Hire a day-of coordinator (you weren't against those)

7. Book a flourist, photographer, and a DJ.

All things you had to have done in the first month.

You'd already set a date - May 11. And with you doing some photography work on the side, you knew a couple of the best photographers. Thomas knew the DJs and he would find the perfect one.

Everything else? You were completely oblivious to anything wedding.

"A standard wedding is 25,000 dollars!" You exclaim, your jaw dropping as you stare at you computer screen.

Thomas peers over at your screen, and shrugs, "No big deal."

You look at him in horror, "It most certainly IS a big deal!"

"Iris, I have that much money and more to spare!" Thomas laughs.

"It's a lot of money." You object.

Thomas just shakes his head, chuckling, "You need to stop stressing out. It'll all end up fine."

You shake your head, "It has to be perfect!"

Thomas furrows his eyebrows, giving you a belittling look, "HAS to be?"

You nod, dignity showing, "HAS to be."

Thomas get up off the couch, grinning.

"Where are you going?" You ask.

He holds his hand out to you, "Not just me. Both of us. Come on."

You take his hand and let him help you to your feet, "Fine, then. Where are WE going?"

He grabs his coat and hands you yours, "For a drive."

- - - -

"What exactly are we doing?" You ask, annoyed.

"Relaxing." Thomas says calmly. He always manages to keep his cool. You don't know how he does it.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"I don't know." Thomas admits.

"Well, why don't we go back to the house and-" You start.

Thomas cuts you off, turning the radio on, "This conversation is over now. You need to RELAX."

You sigh as he turns the radio up.

Thomas hums, "Oh, I like this song."

You listen carefully and hear One Republics Apologize, playing on the radio, "Mmhmmmm." You mumble.

You watch Thomas as he starts sing the lyrics quietly, "Holding on your rope, you've got me ten feet off the ground. I'm hearing what you say, but I just can't make a sound. Tell me that you need me, then you go and cut me down, but wait. You tell me that you're sorry, didn't think I'd turn around, you say -it's too late to apologize. It's too late."