Climb

The guys freaked when you finally told them. You figured that soon the stretching stomach would give them a bit of a clue. And even though it'd only been a little bit over a month and The Scorch Trials had ended, including the premier (which you were still upset Thomas hadn't woken up in time to go to), Dylan and Ki still hadn't left. Will had gone back to London, taking Daisy with him. He's taken a liking to her and kind of took her everywhere he went. But before he went back to London, he stopped by Harvard. Almost the day he and the other guys had gotten back, Will had asked Sidney to be his girlfriend. Of course she'd said yes and everyone was happy for them. But, anyway, the point is he wanted to visit her before he went back.

You didn't mind the guys staying in the area at first. That is until they moved in with you. Oh, yeah. You heard right. Moved in with you. Dylan had been very over protective ever since the accident. He'd told you the reason why, too. Although, it almost killed you to hear it.

He'd explained how right after Thomas was shot, Dylan ran over and tried to keep him conscious.

*flashback*

I hit the dirt.

Crap!

What the heck was that?

I stagger up as I hear the car squeal off. My ears still ring and my vision blurs. I actually think maybe no one got hit. Until I hear the agonizing scream. I look to my right and find Thomas on the ground, his back arched as he claws at his side. Two crimson stains begin to grow above his hip and on his leg.

"Oh, no." I mumble as I run over.

I collapse in front of him. Blood steadily flows from his leg. Will rushes next to me, "Sh*t!"

I ignore him and his worried panting.

"Thomas, stay with me, man. Look at me. Focus on me. You're going to go into shock, but you've got to fight it. Come on, Tommy. You're a fighter!"

Thomas takes a shuddering breath and nods, quickly.

"SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE!" You hear Ki yell.

Chris pushes his way forward, "Forget the police. Get a d*nm ambulance! He's loosing a lot of blood!"

I pat Thomas's cheek, trying to keep him awake. Thomas pants and groans, his eyes screwed closed in pain.

"Thomas, look at me. You're going to be fine, man. You're going to be-" I start.

Thomas's hand flies up and grabs my arm, "Dylan...." He grunts, taking deep breaths, "Dylan, you've got to promise me....that you'll take c-care of her." His eyes plead, "Of Iris."

I blink, tears rimming my eyes, "Thomas, Iris is fine. You-"

"Promise me!" He says, desperately.

I blink, feeling a tear fall, "I promise, Thomas. I'll take care of her. You don't worry about a thing."

Thomas takes deep breaths and coughs, blood flying out of his mouth, "Good. Thank you.....thank you."

His eyes start to close and he whispers, "Take care of my flower."

His eyes shut and I start to panic, "Tommy! Tommy! Stay awake, Thomas! Don't you go anywhere! We're getting help....we're getting-"

I feel Wills hand on my shoulder, "Dylan, you need to call Iris. Now."

I look up at him. A scared determination seeping into me.

I look back at the limp figure of Thomas.

"I'm on it."

*present*

His last words.

"Take care of my flower."