Big Trouble

Oh, yeah.

She's SO going to kill you.

You and Thomas have been dating for nearly a month now and you still haven't told three very important people.

Your sister.

Your Mom.

And most importantly - your DAD.

You have no worries that your Dad will kill you.

But he will most definitely kill Thomas.

Your Mom will probably be happy and start crying or something.

Your sister will be mad that you haven't told her sooner but she'll get over it. After she kills you. Slowly.

You sigh. Juliette is supposed to be calling you any second now. Oh, you're so dead. Maybe she'll understand? Nope. Definitely won't. Maybe if you start getting emotional about how Thomas is leaving in two months she'll forget about it?

You hear your phone ring. You feel a pang of nervousness as you look at the ID. Juliette. You bite your bottom lip before you answer.

"Hey, Juli." You say with a sigh.

She clicks her tounge, "Hi, Iris. Nice to talk to you too. Loved the sigh of welcome in the beginning by the way. Made me feel real warm and fuzzy, ya know?"

"Sorry."

"So what's up?" Juliette says cheerfully.

"Oh, you know....stuff." You say. You've got to somehow work that Thomas is your boyfriend now. How does one fit that into a conversation?

"Thank you, Miss Details." Juliette says. You can just picture her rolling her eyes.

"Seriously. What's new?"

"A few things are new." You say simply.

"Again, let me throw out how very chatty you are today. I thought you wanted to talk?"

"I do!" You say quickly.

"Awesome. Then spit it out, girl. I don't have all day." She says with the manners of someone who has none.

"Fine." You sigh, "Thomas....sort of asked me to be his girlfriend."

"GOOD FOR YOU!!!!" You hear Juliette yell, "Of course he did! You two are crazy about each other."

"Yeah." You chuckle.

"When did this happen?" She asks.

You pause and think for a moment.

"I'm....not going to answer that question." You say slowly.

"Iris....?" Juliette says suspiciously.

"What?" You say trying to sound innocent.

"When did this happen?" She presses.

"Recently." You say simply. An honest enough answer.

"How recent is recent?" She asks.

"A month or so ago?"

"IRIS!" She shouts.

"Yeah....?" You say quietly.

"You should have told me sooner!"

"Well, you've been busy!"

"I'm always busy!" She counters.

"Well, then, there you go! Exactly my point!"

"You're in BIG trouble." She says stubbornly.