Chapter 1.

COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ANOTHER WORLD.

New Life.

Chapter 1.

I dragged myself up out of the bed, September 4th, the first day back at school. No body was going to make exceptions for my irrational behaviour this year, I no longer had an excuse, the rest of the world had moved on the moment it happened and only put up with my mood swings out of sympathy. No body cared about the little girl who lost her parents any more, the little girl who, without an explanation, managed to get out of the crash alive whilst everyone else died leaving her with nightmares every night, no more excuse. My feet padded across my floorboards as I made my way to my bathroom, I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I looked at my drained reflection. Today was the start of a new year, I had to pull myself together. Back in my room I brushed my long straight black hair through and let it down around my shoulders, I pulled on my skinny jeans and a long sleeved purple top. I applied the usual day make-up, minimal, barely anything, nothing compared to my night look. Though during the day I had to hide what I did at night. I hadn't done my make-up like this for months... It felt good. I jogged down the stairs, today was different, today I would be happy, in front of everyone anyway.

I grabbed my keys off of the hook then left the house. I got into my car, started it up and made my way to school. I hadn't driven since the accident, but it felt empowering to finally get my life back on track, I'd morned and have move on. I drove through the empty streets of Wanes Spire, it had a small population and I've lived her my entire life. I drove past the shops which were just opening on the main street, the houses, the small cinema. I pulled into Wanes Spire High School's car park and pulled into a free space. All the kids were arriving now, cars pulling in, kids getting out and making there way to the main building. I got out of the car, grabbing my bag and locked it up.

I opened up my locker to have it instantly slammed in my face by my preppy best friend, Pixie Lloyd, her blonde hair was up in a pony tail and she was in her blue cheer leading outfit, our school was almost American as our head teacher was American.

"Look." Her blue eyes widened as she pointed me in the direction of the door I'd just walked in, so I turned. Wow. "He's gorgeous. Got into town over the weekend, came into daddy's shop last night. David Jocks, he's in our year." The boy she was telling me about was walking in through the door, he had dark brown hair which as the sun caught it showed off the brown but in the dark was almost black. His green eyes were the first thing I noticed, they were so bright, like my blue eyes. His cheek bones were to die for! His whole face and body was perfectly sculpted. His tight grey shirt clung to his abs, anybody else who wore a leather jacket looked stupid but not him. Just wow. He took my breath away. Then he walk past us, just a nod in our direction and he was gone. I turned back to Pixie.

"You know all that from just looking at him?" I raised my eyebrows as I re-opened my locker to grab my file. Pixie did the same with her locker beside mine.

"Well I may have done some digging." She winked and shrugged, we shut our lockers simultaniously and made our way to form. "Nice to have you back by the way!" She winked again.

Pixie rambeled on updating me on everything I missed, since I've not really been with it there was a lot. I was vaguely aware of what she was telling me but my mind kept wandering back to David, those eyes, those cheek bones. The way he walked. Those abs. Then he walked into the room, he smiled a crooked smile as everyone turned to stare, not wanting to stare I looked away, however I knew I was the only one not looking. As he walked past me his smell wandered up my nose, aftershave. Expensive by the smell. I turned to see him take a seat in the table next to mine, he was looking at me, I quickly occupied myself with a tassle on my bag but I could feel him watching me.

"He likes you." Pixie whispered into my ear as she took the seat beside me, two to a table, they were all equally spread out in lines throughout the room. I watched as our form teacher Mr Black walked into the room intent on not looking at David as I knew, although everyone was watching him, his beautiful green eyes were on me.

The whole day went by quick, everyone commenting on how nice it is to have the old me back, by the end of the day I was getting fed up, and I hadn't seen David again. He was the talk of the school, all the girls already dying to have him, all the boys becoming defensive over their girls and the football team, though I'd already heard that he was trying out for the team tonight. I walked outside onto the pitch, the chill caught my bare legs instantly. I'd changed into my gym shorts and a vest top ready for cheer try outs. I used to cheer, and if I was getting back to normal it made sense to do it again, however, I used to love it now there was nothing there. Just a reminder of my old life.

"Hair back bitch!" Pixie slapped my bum, as head cheerleader she gets to boss me around for an hour. I shoved my hair up into a pony tail to immitate her's, except mine was obviously black. "Right bitches lets get this started!" Pixie commanded all of the girls who had turned up.

Behind me I heard the loud voices of boys and the stampeed of their feet, I turned whilst I still did the routine. Wow. David looked good in a gym kit. His eyes caught mine again and before I knew it I caught one foot under the other and landed on my bum. No body else noticed because they were all staring at him, I climbed up and brushed myself up.

"Are we actually going to practice or?" I questioned all of the girls who were staring at the boys now doing laps.

"Yeah yeah in a minute..." Pixie waved me off with a distant voice. I rolled my eyes as all of the girls began walking to the seats. "Actually we can start tomorrow lunch time." They all sat down.

"I'm going home then." I laughed and walked back across the pitch, back into the school and back into the changing rooms. I could hear the dripping of water from one of the showers. Eerie. I grabbed all my stuff and rushed out of the room and out to my car, once I was in I was safe. I made my way home.

I showered and ate, now I had to get to work. I grabbed the skimpy black underwear and pulled it on, it left very little to the imagination. I pulled on some fish net stockings and shoved my stripper heels into my bag. I pulled on my baggy jacket and jeans. I fluffed my hair up and piled on the make-up, rimming my eyes in thick black eyeliner, it really made the blue POP. I grabbed my bag and made my way downtown to the club in my trainers.

I went down the alley and knocked twice on the back entrance.

"Sky." Joey the bounce nodded his head at me sharply once.

"Hey Joey." I smiled at him then ran up the stairs instead of entering the club door. I directed myself around the familiar building through the smoke and red light. I ditched my bag, pulling out the heels. I took my jeans and jacket off along with my trainers and shoved them in, I pulled the high platformed stipper shoes onto my feet strapping them up. I fluffed my hair up again

"Looking good as always Sky." George, my boss, complimeted me.

"You here for the night?" I questioned, he wasn't normally in the club, only when he had to be.

"Yep. Banking to look over. Don't worry, you're definately too good to let go!" He slapped my ass then went into his room. I made my way downstairs and into the bar ready to start my shift. Gaining what money I could by handing myself over to sleezy, usually married, men.

I got home and threw myself down on the bed, I pulled all the money I'd earnt out of my pants and bra, then I counted it. £275. The club got the money that the men would hand over for the room upstairs, then whatever happens in the room is mine. The house was dark, no electricity again, I only had a house because the parents had left it to me in a will they wrote when they first had me. Everything was to go to me and so it did. However, money was tight. I fumbled about for my bag and slid the money into my old battered purse. It was a stuff night so I just lay there waiting for sleep to take me over letting the heat soak into my skin unpleasently.