Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

        The alarm on the floor beside my bed began it’s annoying beeping, I rolled over and tapped the bottom on top of it before rolling out of the bed itself. I made my way accross the cold hard floor to the bathroom. I washed the remaining make-up from last night off of my face and applied a fresh layer, the usual minimal girly look. I pulled on my cheerleader outfit, Pixie has put the team up on the notice board yesterday and it included me. Wearing a miniskirt and a midrif bearing tank top probably wasn’t the best attire for September but it was a far cry more than my night outfits. I pulled on the knee length socks we were allowed to wear during the colder months and then slipped on my trainers. I brushed my long hair back into a ponytail. I grabbed my keys and bag and left for school.

            I pulled up and got out of my car, great it was raining. I shielded my head as I grabbed my stuff out of the backseat. I flung the bag on my shoulder then suddenly I couldn’t feel the rain anymore. I turned and David stood with an umbrella over me, he smiled at me.

            “Thanks.” I smiled back as I shut the door. Every girl in the car park turned to look at us, gawping. He took my files out of my arms and carried them for me as we made our way to the school. Once inside he took the umbrella down. “Thanks again.” I smiled at him.

            “Your welcome.” He nodded one nod at me, his face now emotionless, he handed me my files back and walked off. Wow ok, his moods change quickly. I shook my head, he was so confusing. I walked to my locker opening it up and sliding my folders into it. I don’t know why I don’t just leave them in there considering they just stay in my car anyway.

            “HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW TEACHER!?” Pixie screamed at me, I knew when I shut the locker door she’d be there, I shut the locker door and there she stood.

            “No, what does he teach?” I questioned not really paying attention, still too confused by David.

            “He’s our form tutor and History teacher!” She squelled. “Come see, he’s super nice as well as yummy!” She grabbed my hand and pulled me through the halls to our class.

            “What happened to Mr Black?” I asked as she dragged me through the halls.

            “Found dead last night at his desk, blood everywhere, aparently an animal got in and malled him to death. Anyway, who cares? You wont when you see Mr Jocks!” She spoke as if what she’d just told me didn’t matter. It DID matter! He died just last night in the room I was about to enter! Not only for form but I also had double history this morning!

            “Jocks?” I questioned finally realising it was David’s last name.

            “Yeah! David’s older brother!” She came to a halt in the doorway, everybody was already seated and turned to look at us as we walked in, including Mr Jocks. My heart stopped and my face drained of blood, I felt like I was about to pass out. It was the man from last night. There he sat, in the seat behind the desk, in dark jeans and a dark shirt, his leather jacket on the back of his seat. Now that I think about it, he was wearing a similar outfit last night. All black and that leather jacket.

            “Hi sir!” Pixie giggled and waved at him as she took my hand to pull me to my seat.

            “Hey girls.” He spoke back but looking at me, a smile spread accross his lips, not a nice one. Pixie huffed and sat down, I took my seat beside her and just kept my head down. However, I did notice Pixie had folded her arms and turned away from me, she was in a mood with me. “Now, I can see we’re missing one student but that just happens to be my little brother so, lets just begin.” All the girls giggled at his deep voice I remained silent. He pushed himself from the desk and rose from the chair, he turned to the whiteboard and pulled a top off of a pen placing it on the end. “My name is-” He wrote it out as her said it. “Nathan Jocks.”