Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

            “What’s going on?” I questioned once I could find my voice, my finger traced the swirls on my skin. David didn’t answer me, I looked up at him, he was already staring down at me. “Well?” I pushed for an answer with a tone of annoyance in my voice. Seriously what was his problem? All night! First, he wouldn’t tell me what merging was, which was starting to annoy me because I couldn’t help but think that this was something to do with it. I could tell David knew what was going on but he was holding back the information. “Go home.” I sighed and turned onto my side pulling up my new duvet around my body, I’d brought it last weekend with my paycheck.

            “Sky-“

            “No David.” I cut him off. I gave in quickly though and turned into his body, still settled down to go to sleep. “I’m still mad at you.” I told him quickly so he didn’t assume he was forgiven – he wasn’t. His arms went around me as he came under the duvet, the chill his skin brought cooling me down.

            “I love you.” He kissed my head, I ignored him and shut my eyes, sleep taking me in instantly.

            “Morning beautiful.” David was sat at the end of the mattress watching me sleep. “What do you want to do today?”

            “Erm… go to school?” I looked at him like he was going crazy. I pushed myself up and walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower so it would heat up.

            “We could bunk and do something together?”

            “Oh WE could? I don’t think so.” I rolled my eyes. “Anyway, haven’t you dropped out?”

            “Yes.” He shrugged, he was in a better mood today, I didn’t want to spoil it with an argument. I already knew what I was going to do today and I didn’t want David to know. I stripped off my underwear and climbed into the shower, David leant against the sink so we could continue our conversation. “Well maybe I could pick you up for lunch or something?” I thought of excuses quickly as I finished washing my hair and body.

            “Erm, no, I think I have some extra work to do at lunch, I’ve been busying myself like crazy since we haven’t been together.” It wasn’t a complete lie, I had been busying myself, however I didn’t have any extra work to do.

            “Can I at least drive you to school?” He asked as he slipped into the shower with me, I giggled like a little girl and wrapped my arms around his neck, not that him driving me to school would mess up my plans I just wanted time to think.

            “I’m fine thanks, haven’t you got anything else to do?” I asked him as his hands slid down my wet body, resting on my ass.

            “I suppose, I need to go into town at some point so I guess I could do it today.” He shrugged, oblivious to my lies, thankfully.

            “Why?” I was curious.

            “Meet up with some old friends.” He grinned. “But first…” He trailed off as he quickly picked me up, I screamed whilst laughing, he turned the shower off then pulled me into the bedroom. He put me down onto the mattress and straddled me, he looked down at me. “You’re so perfect Sky.” His lips came down to mine.

            “No such thing,” I muttered against his lips, I felt him smile.

            “You never listen.” He laughed lightly.