Chapter 8.

Chapter 8.

            I woke up to an agonizing pain in my neck, making me scream, loud. Then I heard the moaning, which made me realised it was Nathan. I drew back slightly from my neck before taking his lips down my chest, over my cleveage, down my stomach, to my hip, to my thigh then he bit in there, making me draw a sharp breath. He’d made a trail of my own blood. It hurt so much tonight… no it was morning light was coming through the window. He was angry, I could feel it radiating off of him. He drew back looking at my face, yes he was very angry, fear pulsed through me, seeing him as whatever he was, I didn’t want to think about what he was, with my blood dripping from his lips.

            “I want to kill you.” He shot to the otherside of my neck, the pain was too much and I screamed out once again as tears slid from my eyes. I couldn’t stop screaming, I didn’t want to die, but I couldn’t do anything I was just dangeling. This was it. I shut my eyes to try and make the tears stop from just falling as I screamed. There was a lot of noise and more pain as if Nathan had been ripped from my throat. Damn that hurt! I opened my eyes once I heard growling. Oh god. All I could see was the back of David’s head as he stood in front of me protecting me from Nathan who was glaring at him, my blood all over his chin his eyes red his fangs fully on show. In a flash they were fighting, I couldn’t see anything it was all too fast for human eyes. Then there was an scream of agony and it all stopped, Nathan was underneath David who held wood in his chest, then I noticed that it was the top of a broom, the other half was on the floor. “You missed.” Nathan laughed.

            “I meant too.” David simply said, he got up and turned to me, his face back to normal, but emotionless. He ripped the ropes in half then caught me, carrying me, then everything blurred. We were in the house, in the living room, he put me down on the sofa. I instantly pulled my legs into myself. . I didn’t want to be here. I was scared. He just stared at me. Should I thank him? No. He’s just like his brother. Did he want some of me now. He seemed to almost be fighting with himself, he did. The blood was too much clearly. A tear slid down my cheek.

            “What are you going to do with her now brother?” Nathan strolled in, in a differnt top, he walked in as if nothing had happened, his face back to normal and that smug smile etched upon his lips. Would he take me back?

            “Take her home. Where are her clothes?” His voice was as emotionless as his face.

            “Behind you.” Nathan told him, he turned and walked over to my bag in the corner of the room which I hadn’t noticed. Then in a blur Nathan was on top of me, pinning me to the sofa inches from my face, I whimpered.

            “Just kill me.” I pleaded. I’d never be able to forget this. He laughed, mocking me. Before getting back up and walking out of the room. David stared after him in disgust. He sighed and held my bag out to me, I couldn’t move I was just too scared. David unzipped it and pulled out my jogging bottoms and my jacket. He put them on his broad shoulder and held out his hand to me. I looked at it as if he’d offered me the wrong side of a knife.

            “I wont hurt you Sky.” His voice was calm now, sympathetic. He had saved me, but he was killer. Saved me. Shakily I put my small hand in his large one, he pulled me up gently, my legs were shaky. “Lean on me.” He bent down with my jogging bottoms in his hands, I did as he asked and leaned on his shoulder and let him dress me. He then stood up and put my jacket on me, zipping it up, his body too close for comfort. When he was done I stepped back. He pulled my trainers out of my bag and put them on the floor, I stepped onto them and pulled them on, gaining some of my strength back. I was still so weak. “Lets get you home, we can talk when you’re stronger… and not bleeding.” He said the bleeding part quieter. “I’ll drive.” I looked at him again, skeptically. “I’m really not going to hurt you.” Somehow I believed him. I nodded. We climbed into his car and drove back to mine in silence.

            He walked me up to my door. I stumbled and nearly fell to the floor but he was there to catch me in time. I shut my eyes and tried to calm my heart down, it was racing like crazy with fear. I held on to the handle of my door.

            “Keys are in my bag.” I told him, he held me bag, he nodded and dug about in my bag and handed me my keys. I slid them into the lock. “I don’t have any food.” I realised and sighed, I was so hungry. I hadn’t eaten in days.

            “Go inside, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” He turned and got back in the car.

            “Ok.” I watched him drive away before letting myself into the house. Then it all blacked out as I felt myself colapse.

            “Sky… Sky… Sky…” The voice sounded panicked. Boys voice. David’s voice. This woke me up, was he going to hurt me. My eyes opened and I saw him the otherside of the door, I lead in the entrance. On the floor. Oh my god… I’d passed out. “I can’t come in, you have to get up.” He was worried, that was worry on his face. Why? I pushed myself up shakily and sat up before standing up. “I got you some food and water.” He held a bag out to me, I took it. My other bag was already inside. “My number is in there, text me when you want to talk. I’m so sorry Sky, I didn’t know.” I just nodded once. He bit his lip before his face returned to its usual emotionless look, he turned and left. I shut the door then just slid my back down it. I opened the bag, wow, he’d actually brought me some food. I hurried to shove a sandwich in my mouth. This was good. The letuce crunched, the tomato exploded flavour into my mouth and the chicken was GOOD. I ate and ate, everything in the bag, and drank the water, it was also good to my body. I felt better afterward.

            I got up and made my way up the stairs to the bathroom. The trousers barely fit, hanging there just, I dropped them to the floor, kicking off my shoes. I unzipped the jacket and let that fall to the floor. I’d lost so much weight, I’d never been this skinny. I was covered in blood, my own. Blood and bites. They brought a tear to my eye. I looked at my eyes, I was dead, I looked dead, just a shell. My hair was dirty and notty. I took off the underwear chucking it in the bin, it was ripped and I didn’t want it any more. I climbed into the shower and cleaned off all the dried blood, all the fresh blood. I cleaned the bites, then washed my hair.

            Once I was out I looked at my reflection, I looked better but still just a shell. All the life drained out of me, litteraly. I walked into the bedroom and pulled on an old oversized t-shirt then climbed onto my mattress, pulling my sheet over me. It was still the middle of the day but I was exhausted. I was out straight away.

            I slept for 2 days straight, I’d slept in the basement but not properly. I was now completely caught up. I ate more of what David had brought me. I stayed inside, I was too scared to leave. I was safe in my home. David’s number was on the kitchen counter. I’d look at it for hours but I couldn’t bring myself to want to see him again. Every time I slept I’d have a nightmare, a nightmare involving Nathan. I’d wake up terrified and be on edge for a while. I cleaned the entire house. 3 weeks. I haven’t moved for 3 weeks. I’d regained some shape to my body, thankfully. But now I was running out of food. I sat down on my sofa, my newly cleaned sofa, with my phone and David’s number. Could I? Was I ready? Yes, I’m done hiding. I’m still so scared though. My fingers shook uncontrollably.

‘Come over.’