Chapter 14.

Chapter 14.

            “SKY!” David’s voice woke me from my nightmare, my eyes opened wide. “It’s ok, you’re ok.” He told me.

“I know.” I smiled, relaxing into his embrace on his chest.

“What was it about?”

“The usual accident nightmare.” I shrugged. My alarm went off, oh, it’s Monday. I reached and found my phone, I turned the alarm off and sat up. David’s arm fell from around me, I looked down at him, he was looking up at me.

            “You don’t have to go in today.” His hand reached up and caressed my cheek. I put my hand on his. His touch was cool, I had noticed, but it wasn’t freezing, just not as warm as a human’s.

            “You’re the one who say’s I’m strong enough to deal with it.” I reminded him.

            “You’ve just had a lot of information dumped on you that you have to deal with. On top of everyone thinking you killed Pixie… I wish you hadn’t done that.”

            “You’d have gone to prison or something. Anyway, that’s all fine.”

            “And what about all this stuff with Pearl?” He asked, I pulled his hand from my cheek and just held it.

            “I just want to forget about it.” I sighed. He game a look saying ‘You can’t’, I ignored it and got up instead. “Will you wash my hair for me?” He smiled sweetly at me now.

            “I’d love too.” He got up and took my hand before leading me into the bathroom. I knelt down and bent over the bath so my hair was over the tub. He ran his fingers through it as the water heated up. “I love you hair. It’s so beautiful.”

            I got dressed in some jeans and a long sleeved shirt, covering all my bruises. I put quite a bit of concealer and foundation on my face to cover the small bruises there. I sat down on a seat and let David dry my hair for me, when he was done I leant back against his body.

            “Thank you.”

            “You’re welcome.” He bent down and kissed my cheek lightly. “Come on then.” He took my hand in his and we left the house, getting into his car which I was surprised to see in my drive.

            Once we got to the school we went straight to form, we sat in our usual seat at the back. Nathan strode in with a smug grin on his face, he saw me and in a flash his face turned to confusion but he composed himself quickly. I narrowed my eyes at him, something was… odd about him. He was always odd but today especially. What was he thinking? ‘Why is she still alive? Where is that damn slut Pixie? Why didn’t she do the job right?’ I gasped. Had I just read Nathan’s mind? Not possible… But it was even in his voice. It was definitely his mind. I turned to David who was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I pulled my notebook and pencil case out of my bag, everyone else already had with us not moving for another two lessons with double History. I pulled out a pen and turned to a clean page, ‘I just heard Nathan’s thoughts because I wanted to and concentrated on it… is that normal?’ I slid the book to him and the pen. I’d never tried to do it before, though thinking about it I’ve always had a pretty good idea on how people are feeling when I’m talking to them. Is this because I’m a… witch? I just wanted to forget about this! He turned to me and nodded. I was slightly relieved that I wasn’t imagining things, but was I now going to notice everything witchy about me? I sighed and put my head in my hands, closing my eyes. I felt the notepad nudge at my elbow, I opened my eyes and read what David had just written, ‘What is it? What’s he thinking?’ I looked up at him, his face was full of concern. I turned back to Nathan, I need to know more before thinking in to it. I concentrated, focusing hard on wanting to know his thoughts, I could feel his mind, I concentrated harder, ‘I left town for the weekend and she’s still alive, if I can’t have her no one can! That stupid slut was meant to drive her to the edge, which she had, then she was meant to kill her, why is she still here? Damn witch. If she is anything like Pearl… evil bitch.’ Blood dripped onto the table, pulling me out of my… trance… It was dripping from my nose, nosebleed, David, Nathan, CRAP. I quickly put my hand over my nose whilst pushing myself away from the table then rushing out of the room to the toilets.