Chapter 22.

Chapter 22.

            I wasn’t surrounded by conversation like usual when the blackness lifted, I was just greeted with silence. I could feel my body this time, I wasn’t numb anymore, I could think better too. I pushed through and a few seconds later I could open my eyes, I looked up at the tall ceiling and took a deep breath to fill my lungs.

            “SKY!” That was George, I could hear him behind me, I sat up in confusion and turned to see him tied to a chair, my face crumpled in confusion.

            “George… what are you doing here?” I questioned but then my mind played over the events, instead of answering he let me go over everything. David had been on the phone with Nathan, I asked who I was and he didn’t tell me, I left, I drove the whole night, it became too much I pulled over to cry, I called George, I realized I was at the bottom of David and Nathan’s drive, I knocked on the door, Nathan answered in his boxers, Pearl appeared behind him in her underwear, George appeared, I fainted into Pearl’s arms… then the conversations, George had sniffed me out… David had came back. “Mutt?” I questioned realizing all the ‘dog’ jokes had been aimed at George.

            “We need to talk…” George paled.

            “Your best friend is a werewolf.” Nathan’s cold voice spoke from behind me I turned to see him stood in the door way. Werewolf. I looked back to George he was shooting a glare towards Nathan then he looked at me and shrugged.

            “You can’t tell me you’d accept them monsters and not me.” He spoke warily, but my lack of shock made me realize that nothing had changed, he was still George.

            “I wasn’t going to tell you that, don’t assume.” I stood up, my head span and before I could fall to the floor Nathan had caught me and was already steadying me. “Thanks.”

            “It’s ok. David’s upstairs, he thinks you’re still mad at him so he didn’t want to come down. However, I can hear him pacing upstairs.” Nathan rolled his eyes.

            “I guess I’ll go see him then.” I made my way for the stairs. “Oh and Nathan?”

            “Yes Sky?”

            “Let George go.” I sighed and made my way to David’s room, I didn’t knock because I knew he was expecting me I just walked in.

            “Sky…” David’s voice was apprehensive.

            “I’m fine thanks for asking.” I sat down cross legged on his bed, on his silk red sheets, I remembered our first night we spent together on them. Then I’d read the book and found out about Pearl. “Where’s Pearl?”

            “Asleep probably.” He shrugged I couldn’t help but hear the anger in his voice and feel it when he spoke about her.

            “I need to know who I am.” I told him straight up coldly.       

            “You’re Sky.” He sat down beside me and put his arm around my shoulder, I shrugged it off. “You’re the most powerful PURE witch alive. As powerful as Pearl was when she was just pure witch.” I don’t see why he just couldn’t tell me this in the first place. He’s ridiculous.

            “Is that it?”

            “Yes. Also, the reason I haven’t needed to feed as often as usual is because your blood is insanely powerful. That’s why Nathan didn’t kill you when he kept you. He was using you for power. I didn’t want you to know, well, actually, I didn’t want anyone else to know. If people saw you, vampires, they’d take you the first opportunity they got, it’s clear you’re related to Pearl.”