Chapter 25.

Chapter 25.

            My stomach was bigger than yesterday, I was technically 4 months pregnant. David was asleep beside me, he looked so peaceful, he wasn’t holding me, in fact he was as far away from me as the bed would possibly let him. I got out of the bed and went into the bathroom, I needed to relax, there was just too much stressing me out, I turned the taps and began to run myself a bath. I found a bottle of bubble bath and poured it all in. Once the bath was run I got into it letting the hot water make my skin tingle as it adjusted. I shut my eyes and let the bath relax me and relieve some stress.

            I walked into the bedroom with a towel around my body, I was slightly disappointed that David was no longer there. I sighed and got dressed in some sweats and a vest top. I looked at myself in the mirror as I dried my hair. I was so pale, I noticed David stood in the doorway and turned off the hair dryer which was pointlessly drying already dry hair. He came over and kissed my cheek, he seemed like he didn’t want to, but before I could question him on his weird behavior he left. I made my way downstairs to see if I could find him.

            “Are you hungry?” Nathan asked me as I walked into the living room.

            “Yes, maybe David will take me out later, we need to talk.” I sat down on the sofa.

            “That will be hard to do considering the fact that he’s just left town with Pearl.” Nathan smirked. I looked at him confused. Why would he just leave? Without saying goodbye? Was that what the kiss was for? I don’t see why he couldn’t have just told me his plans, he’s so immature. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

            “He’s so childish sometimes.”

            “He’s gone to get a job and an apartment for you guys.”

            “He’s annoyed with me and I don’t know why.”

            “You’ll have to talk to him.”

            “How do I do that when he’s out of town?” I snapped, I shouldn’t have, Nathan had done nothing wrong but still.

“How about I take you out for dinner?” He offered, I looked up at him and stood up.

“No thanks I’d rather not go out to dinner with the murderer who almost killed me while he trapped me in his basement.” A flicker of hurt crossed his face when I said that but I didn’t have time for guilt.

“Well, you have to live alone with that murderer for the next couple of days so I’d stay on his good side.” He got up and pushed past me, he just threatened me and I couldn’t help the small slither of fear that went through me. I could call David but if he’s going to be so silly about all of this I don’t see why I should be the only one working on our relationship.

“Nathan.” I called out reluctantly as I made my way to his room. He was stood by the window looking out.

“Sky.” His voice was cold and it hurt me slightly to hear him talking to me like that. I sat down on the edge of his bed and looked at his back.

“I’m just stressed I shouldn’t have taken it out on you, you’re actually not as bad as you try to make out.” It wasn’t really an apology, I hadn’t said the word ‘sorry’ directly but I couldn’t help but feel slightly bad for snapping at him. In a second he had me up against the wall with a hand intimidatingly either side of my head his face one of pure anger sending fear through my body as he showed my his vampire face.

“YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT YOUR PETTY LITTLE PROBLEMS. YOU WERE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, I’M A MURDERER, A VICIOUS MONSTER. I’M WORSE THAN I MAKE OUT.” He growled. I shut my eyes trying to calm myself down as I felt the world shifting around me. I was going to be sick.