Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

            “Ok, thank you for you cooperation Miss. Print, you may go home now.” Officer Rouge stood up and led me to the door.

            “Thank you.” I nodded once at him then made my way out of the Police Station. I told them everything that had happened apart from David killing Pixie, I told them I’d done it, broken her neck, the DNA test backed me up, I was nervous that they’d find his prints but I’d covered them up. I had no charges for murder as I was defending myself, it was clear she was going to kill me, the knife had even cut into my neck slightly. Pixie was reported missing in the early hours of the morning, she’d cut her mum with the knife and ran off – obviously to my house. So her mother’s story backed me up even further leaving me free of charge. However they were trying to push counseling upon me for trauma, I’d denied it and Officer Rouge backed me up. I was exhausted. I’d spent the entire night at the station. I took a deep breath of the morning air, it was only like 6am, the birds were singing their morning song.  

            “Sky…” Pixie’s mother’s voice made me jump, she was sat on a bench outside the station, I walked over. She was state, she’d clearly had no sleep too, she was pale and had a clear slash across her cheek. “Sit.” She motioned beside her, I sat down, I felt nothing but sorrow for her.

            “I’m sorry Rose.” I really was, David had killed her daughter but she thought it was me.

            “No, no, Pixie has been acting strange for a while now. I tried to get her help but she wouldn’t let me.”

            “But she seemed fine in school…”

            “Oh, I’m sure she put on a good act, but she was mentally unstable Sky, I don’t want you to feel bad for what you did, she was going to kill you, I want you to know I understand.” She was so drained, she was grieving, I knew the feeling well. I was grieving too, for the loss of my best friend, though I lost her weeks ago. I furrowed my brow, how could she just understand and forgive me. “My daughter disappeared weeks ago, I don’t know what happened. She just wasn’t my Pixie anymore. Since she fell out with you, the Police told me.”

            “You should go home and get some rest.” I smiled sympathetically at her. “Grieve the loss of your daughter. I know how hard it is.” I took a deep breath.    

            “Look what she’s done to you.”  She looked disappointingly at my clothes, my arm. I looked down, my arm was now in a cast, broken from just below the elbow, luckily my elbow was fine so I can still bend my arm and it wasn’t put in the cast. My clothes were dirty and covered in blood, slashed open on my stomach and thigh where Pixie had cut me. They were deep, both of them having to have stitches. My neck was just a mark which will heal without a scar.

            “It’s not as bad as what I did to Pixie…” I felt like I had to say it, even though it wasn’t me, and I didn’t really feel a great sense of loss from it, maybe because I’d already lost her, I was grieving the girl I used to know, not the one David killed.

            “Well, I should get going, I just wanted to wait to tell you that I understand, and I forgive you.” She nodded politely at me before getting up and walking in the direction of her home. I felt so sorry for her, she’d already lost her husband, Pixie was all she had left, I know what it’s like to lose everybody. I got up and went in the opposite direction that Rose had gone, making my way back home.

            Everybody in the streets stared, I looked a state, also they’d probably heard. I kept my head down and continued walking. I made it home eventually, the Police had gotten people to clean up the mess after investigating, it wasn’t a long investigation and they should be done by now. I slid they key into the lock, turned it and walked in. The house was clean, smelt clean too, as if nothing had happened. I walked upstairs into my bedroom, then to the bathroom. I filled the sink with warm water, then I took off the ripped and bloody clothes. My body was bruised all over, I was just covered in deep blue and purple blotches. The stitches made my stomach churn. Using my good arm I found a flannel and wet it in the water and then cleaned my body, steering clean of the stitches which I couldn’t get wet. Once I felt cleaner I dried myself off, everything so much harder with one arm.