Chapter 23.

Chapter 23.

            I woke up to the gushing winds and rain hitting against the window violently, I hated mornings like this. I reached out with my arms to try and find David’s body, I wanted to be in his arms, to protect me from the harsh weather. Something wasn’t right, his presence wasn’t nearby and I couldn’t feel him. I opened my eyes, I was alone in the bed with the sheets wrapped around me. I got up out of the bed and went for a quick shower before dressing in some sweatpants and a t-shirt. George had fetched me a bag of stuff from my house yesterday at some point. I put my wet hair back into a bun and left the room, he still hadn’t turned up, I couldn’t help but be annoyed. I walked into the study where Nathan was sat with a book open in one of the leather sofas.

            “Hello Sky.” He spoke without looking up. I leant against the doorframe.

            “Where’s David?” I asked.

            “No idea, Pearl has gone looking for him along with George but no luck.”

            “And you’re just reading a book?”

            “Yes. Finding out information actually.” He looked up at me now.

            “About what?” I questioned as I walked into the room and sat down on the sofa beside him, he looked me up and down curiously but then averted his attention back to the book in hand.

            “You actually.” As he said this I rose my eyebrows up wanting to know more. Why was he finding information out about me? “David stormed out this morning after hearing and extra-heartbeat.”

            “So another person is in the house?” Really? That wasn’t really something to run away over, he really is ridiculous.

            “You could say that. It was coming from your stomach.” He pointed a finger at my stomach as if to make his point clearer. I looked down at my flat stomach and put my hand on it.

            “How?” I continued staring at my stomach, there was a heartbeat in there. In MY stomach.

            “Well, it looks like you’re naughtier than we thought.” He snapped his book shut then got up to return it to its place on one of the shelves which were filled with books.

            “What does that mean Nathan?” I sighed looking up at him.

            “You’ve clearly been with someone else. A baby gets it heartbeat in the second month, you’ve been with David around that time, therefore, that means you cheated.”

            “But I haven’t! I’m not going to sit and listen to you calling me unfaithful.” I pushed myself up from the sofa regretting it instantly as the room span, Nathan’s arm was steadying me before I could fall.

            “You can’t get pregnant by a vampire Sky, stop with the lying.” He whispered into my ear. His breath tickled my neck sending shivers down my spine.

            “I’m not lying Nathan. If you’re going to trust someone in your life, trust me.” I pushed him off me and stormed out of the room making my way to the front room. I stopped in the doorway, there was a massive grey wolf in the living room pacing back and forth. I was about to scream when it clicked in my mind that it was George. I continued walking into the room. “Found him?” I asked the wolf as I sat on the carpet, he came and sat beside me, the warmth off of the wolf warmed me up nicely. He shook his head and sighed. I ran my fingers curiously over his fur, it was long and soft. “He’s ridiculous. I haven’t cheated on him, I’d never do that… but he doesn’t trust me. I’m just going to go him I think, no point in me staying here.” George’s head looked towards the doorway suddenly; I looked up already feeling him stood in the doorway. George got up and padded away. “Nice of you to return.” I spoke bitterly.