Chapter 16.

Chapter 16.

            He’d just told me he loves me. David. My David. With the back of my hand I gently caressed his face, he still looked slightly worse for wear, but he did looked noticeably better. His green eyes watched up at me with wonder, I was sat straddled across him.

            “What are we going to do about Nathan?” I questioned as I sighed, pulling my hand back from his face. I know I had just ruined our blissful moment but this world wasn’t blissful, we still had so many problems to overcome.

            “You’re not going to do anything.”  He took my hand into his, the coolness of his skin calming me. I could argue it out with him but I’ve only just got him back, so I dropped the subject. I wasn’t leaving it, I’m simply taking matters into my own hands.

            “Your skin is always so cold.” I absentmindedly stated the obvious, he stilled beneath me, stiffening.

            “I’m dead Sky.” His voice was as cold as his skin, I rolled my eyes before getting up off of him. I wondered out of his bedroom. “Where are you going?” His forehead crumpled as he sat up. I shrugged then continued to walk. I made my way down the hall, this house was massive, a mansion pretty much.

            “Love hey?” Nathan’s smug voice stopped me in my tracks, I looked up from the pattern of the carpet I’d been following to see him stood in front of me, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed across his chest, his expression just as smug as his voice. Of course he’d heard everything that had gone on. I nodded sharply once, my guard going up quickly, I reached out to his mind, well, I’m back in a relationship with the vampire I may as well use my supernatural talents. ‘She’s so beautiful. I can smell him on her. They’ve merged. Now if I hurt him it will hurt her… I could never hurt her.’ I zoned out, I could feel myself pushing my limits. Merged? I’d felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness, my brows furrowed as I looked at Nathan’s egoistic stance, he gave nothing away, yet I’d just felt it, it wasn’t an emotion I could just imagine, no, he was covering it up. “Whatever.” He acted as if he was bored with my presence, he turned then disappeared.

            “What was that about?” David’s voice made me jump, I turned quickly, he was practically glowing, radiating health, he’d changed his blood covered shirt and was wearing a plain white shirt as he watched me with concern. Now I knew he was there I could feel his presence strongly, I could feel his concern, his emotions. I was so caught up with what I’d just heard from Nathan’s mind to notice him creeping up on me.

            “You should be resting…” I mumbled, how had he recovered so damn quick? Wow, these vampires were weird. He raised his eyebrow at me as if asking me if I’m joking. I shrugged it off. “What’s merging?” Shock crossed his face, he was taken aback by my question. It was pretty out of the blue considering he hadn’t heard what I’d just heard. He was worried now, then, as if realizing, something he composed himself.

            “Doesn’t matter,” He shrugged my question off before blessing me with a beautiful smile of his, “Do you want to go and get something to eat or?” He walked up to me, he was trying to distract me and it worked, I’d let this one pass as my stomach grumbled, oh I was hungry alright. “I’ll take that as a yes.” We both laughed lightly.

            “You’re paying.” I winked as I slipped my hand into his as we made our way out the door.

            “I wouldn’t expect anything else!” He faked an appalled look. I could tell something was niggling at the back of his mind but I wasn’t about to invade his privacy to try and find out. He’d tell me if he wanted too, I’d never do that to him. We got into his car, I distracted myself with looking out of the window the entire way, I wanted to give him space to think. Silence suited me just fine, and it wasn’t awkward. It was nice.

            We ate at a quiet restaurant outside of town, well I say we, I ate while David made conversation with me. Each second he was getting noticeably stronger, which was a good thing obviously! The entire time though I could just feel that he was worrying about something, it was starting to annoy me that he wasn’t telling me things, our conversations were basic things like how I was enjoying work or what was going on at our school, nothing he nor I were particularly interested in. He was going out of his way to cover up something. I thought it wouldn’t bother me but now it was. I shook my head whilst staring and turned my attention back to the window. We were pulling up outside my house. I used to love this house but now? It was empty, it wasn’t the house I loved, it was now just a house. I climbed out of the car as soon as it had come to a halt.

            “Sky?” David called after me, I looked at him over my shoulder. I could be a total bitch and blow him off, it was an unspoken plan that we were spending the night together, and it was to be at mine because Nathan can hear everything while we’re at his. But I didn’t feel like being a bitch to him, I loved him, he loves me, and we’ve only just made up. I gave him a soft smile and he noticeably relaxed, I walked up to my door, slid the key into the lock and let us in. I shut it behind him, locking it.

            “I’m tired, can we just go to bed?” It was really late so I had every right to be tired. He nodded, he took my hand in his loosely and lead us both up the stairs to my room. His hand reached to flip the switch as he did nothing happened, we remained in the dark, he looked over to me alarmed. I shrugged. “Haven’t paid the bill, must have cut me off.” I wasn’t phased, I was used to being in the dark.

            “But you’ve been working?”

            “I know… but I need to eat.” I sighed, yes I was working but this job didn’t pay as much as I was earning at the club and even that wasn’t enough. I’d tried to pay some bills but I was late most of the time. “I’ll pay it tomorrow when I grab my check.” I shrugged once again. I had already un-buttoned my jeans and was now sliding them down my legs, I chucked them onto the pile of dirty washing. Then I peeled my top off of my skin, then chucked that at the pile. When I looked back to David who was now lying down on the bed in just his boxers I noticed how he watched me. “Slightly creepy.” I laughed lightly as I slid down onto the mattress now just in my bra and pants. I lay on my stomach with my arms as a pillow and looked up at him, as he continued to watch me. “Seriously.” I shook my head as I laughed. He didn’t, he continued to stare, I stopped laughing, he looked uneasy. “What?” My voice came out as annoyed as I felt.

            “Your hips.” His voice was empty. I was confused, he’d seen me naked before surely he’d seen how my hips jabbed out of my skin. I turned over and looked at them, were they bruised or something? I went still. Following the line of my underwear from my right hip was a tattoo. Saying his name. David. It was black and all in swirled hand writing. Swirls disappearing from the letters to under the lace of my pants, then only slightly going up the bottom of my stomach. I pulled my pants down slowly following the intricate swirls, they swirled in different directions, crossing over, linking together before coming to curled ends, all on my ‘lady area’. It wasn’t overly big but it was still there, I hadn’t gotten it done that was for sure! Oh my god, what if he thought I had?! I looked up at his blank face.

            “I-I-I didn’t get that…” I stuttered out, how embarrassing, what if he thought I was an over clingy girlfriend? Oh no.

            “I know.” He spoke slowly, he moved his hand from where it had been resting on his hip about the line of his boxers, where my ‘tattoo’ was he had one the same but with my name. In the same font was ‘Sky’. You could only see the top of the letters and swirls as his boxers covered the other half, he pulled them down so we could see the rest. It was all there. My name mysteriously etched onto his skin as his was on mine.