Chapter 11.

Chapter 11.

            I’d made it through the rest of the week avoiding everybody. October 6th, a Saturday. My twin sisters’ birthday. The first without them. It was also my mum’s AND my dad’s. Yes, all born on October the 6th. My parents are the same age, born on the same year too. The twins obviously not. My parents would both be 42 this year, both looked way younger than they were. The twins would be turning 16, the big one. I’m the only one in the family born on a different day. I sat up on my mattress. I’m going to go and visit them today. I got up and pulled out one of my black dresses. It was a form fitting at the top and then flowed out nicely from under my ribs, it was also long sleeved, they were tight sleeves just like the chest area. Simple. I pulled on some black knit tights as well. I pulled my black heels out of my wardrobe and slid my feet into them, they were high adding quite a few inches to my height. I buckled up the straps around my ankles. I walked into the bathroom and scraped my braided my hair to one side as my mum used to do. Without my make-up on and this hairstyle I looked so young, remembering how innocent I used to look. I put on my usual minimal make-up. I looked so gaunt and lifeless, nothing like I used too. I sighed and left my house to get into my car.

            I drove to the local shop, pulling up in an empty space in the car park. I got out and made my way inside. I picked up a birthday card and some flowers then went to the till and placed the car and flowers ready to be scanned. The young girl behind the till looked up at my sympathetically.

            “I’m sorry.” She said. Of course she knew, everybody knew my family, the unusualness of them having the same birthday, I just smiled at her, paid, and left. Once I was sat in the car I got out a pen.

“Dear Mum, Dad, Daizy and Roxi,

Happy Birthday guys. Hope you all have a great time up there, I wish I could be there with you. Twins you better have an amazing Sweet 16 like I did! And 42, you guys are getting old! Even though you don’t look a day over 20! I miss you, so much.

Love Sky xx”

            I chucked the envelope on the back seat before placing the car and flowers on the passenger seat and driving up to the graveyard. Once I was in the graveyard I trekked up to my families patch. Once I was there I opened the card and placed it on the ground then lay down the flowers. I stood for a moment of silence, not holding back the tears. I missed them so much, it hurt! I should be with them, I should have died. It’s all my fault.

            “I’ll see you soon, I love you.” I told them, before turning and making my way back to the car. I got in and turned the key in the ignition, I was going to wait till I was done crying but I knew that wouldn’t be for a while, so I just began. I drove through the woods, the road where the crash happened. Where I should have died. I should die. I should be dead. Why should I continue living? What did I have to live for? I sharply turned the steering wheel, that big tree is perfect. There was a sharp jolt, I shut my eyes ready to accept my death. But nothing happened. I opened my eyes and David stood there with his hand on my car, just staring at me. He’d stopped the car. I sighed and put my head back against the seat. “Why?” I just whispered knowing he could hear me as if I’d shouted, probably even closer. He came over to my door.

            “Get out and get into the passenger side.” He demanded emotionlessly, infuriating me.

            “NO! This is my car, get lost.”

            “Don’t argue with me Sky, just please do as I say.” He sounded as if he was loosing patience. I sighed and got out and got into the passenger side, when I did he was already in the driver’s seat. We drove in silence, I spent the time crying well he spent the time driving. We drove back to his and pulled up in the garage and continued to sit in silence. After a while he turned in his seat to look at me so I looked at him through my wet eyelashes, which had probably ran mascara all down my cheeks. “You asked me why. Because I have been following you, as I always do, and once you’d left the graveyard I followed you some more. I expected you to wait until you’d stopped crying but you didn’t. I was praying you weren’t going to do what you were obviously thinking, but you did so I stopped you. Sky, the other day I told you who ‘I have my eye on’ we both know I said it and you heard it. But you’ve chosen to blank it, which is fair enough. I don’t expect you to like someone like me, a monster, a killer, back. Not someone as perfect as you. You don’t understand how amazing you are, how much you intrigue me. I’m not going into that again because you don’t listen. But you asked why? And it was because I was selfish and couldn’t bare to see you leave my life after I’ve waited so long to feel like this.” He poured his heart out to me right there and then. Without even thinking, just going on feelings I put my hands on his shoulders and pulled myself onto his lap, he looked at me cautiously but did nothing.