Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

            The door opened making me jump, I’d been awake for a while doing nothing. Before I even had time to comprehend anything that was happening I was flying then screaming as I hit the wall. Nathan was there in an instant.

            “A parent shouted at me last night for their childs bad grade. I killed the woman.” He grinned at me showing me his blood covered teeth, my stomach churned. “She has nothing on you though baby, you’re special.” He pushed my hair back out of my face, and a tear escaped one of my eyes. His eyes changed, his teeth grew then he bit into my neck.

            “Just kill me…” I muttered, the pain was horrible, almost an aching pain.

            “Now baby, you’re more use to me alive!” He pulled back to tell me. “Its a Saturday, David’s gone out somewhere, come inside for a bit.” He took my wrist in his and pulled me up. “I want to look at you.” He dragged me up the stairs and into the house. He shoved me into the living room and went over to a CD player. He pressed play and music begain playing around the house. He sat down lazily in a chair. “Now dance.” He commanded, it was easier just to please him, I was too scared to disobey him. I began dancing, just like I did at the club knowing that that’s what he wanted. If I’m better to him alive then maybe he will let me live. No, I’m being stupid he will kill me eventually. I felt so exposed right here right now, dancing in nothing but barely there lacey underwear, even though I did this every night. At least I didn’t have to wear the shoes. He lifted his finger up to me and motioned for me to go closer to him. I didn’t want to. I wanted to stop the pain, but what choice did I have? I shut my eyes before making my body move towards him. “Keep dancing.” He demanded, so I did. He to my wrist up to his mouth, his face changed and he bit in. I continued to dance, trying to concentrate on the music and not the pain. He released. He then got up and began dancing with me, close to me, skin on skin. I feel sick. But I don’t know what else to do. He bit down on my collarbone, continued to dance. He dropped down and bit on the inside of my thigh, I continued to dance. He bit my other thigh, I continued to dance. He bit my hip bone, I continued to dance. “Hmmm, I hear David.” He grabbed my wrist quickly, and dragged me back outside before throwing me back down the steps and shutting the door on me. Just in time for me to hear David’s footsteps.       

            “What was that brother?” David questioned.

            “Don’t be so nosey and mind your own buisness.” Nathan snapped back almost grumpily. Of course he was grumpy, by David returning his fun was spoilt. I was his fun. It wasn’t fun for me. How come Nathan didn’t want David to know about me? Surely David could hear me breathing or something? I mean, Nathan had heard David way before I could. I hugged myself tightly sat in the sun light. I’m so scared. I don’t want to die. What was happening to me? My entire life was being chucked up into the air and changed once again.

            “Don’t cause me anymore trouble Nathan. I came to this town to start a new life.” David sounded frustrated and annoyed. New life? You’re just as bad as him! That girl last night!

            “Oh, you haven’t seen the trouble I can cause you yet David so don’t push me.” Nathan hit back, from the slamming of a door I guessed either one or both of them had returned inside the house. After a while of silence I guessed both of them had returned to the house. While I was stuck down here. Maybe I could get up now, make a run for it, escape, anything. But he’d catch up wouldn’t he. Why waste the energy I didn’t have? Wow, I really have lost hope.

            “Have fun tonight brother with another girl who is more than happy for you to drink from her, don’t forget to make her forget!” Nathan was mocking David, I heard David sigh as he walked above me. I then heard the door above me open. “Come on.” Nathan’s comanding voice was back. I shakily got up and did as I was told. “He’s stupid, the chase is the best part, the kill, yet he skips it. “

            “I-I’m not dead.” I pointed out as he pulled me into the house.

            “No, you’re special, I’ve already told you that you’re better to me alive.” He twirled me around quickly, making my hair fly everywhere, the bits that weren’t stuck to the blood on my neck or collarbone. Then he dived for the other side of my neck and took what he wanted. Mercilessly.

            I dropped in and out of conciousness, he really did drain me. Eventually he came up, my blood rumming his lips, dripping down his chin, he’d made a mess this time but he seemed proud, he grinned at my disgust, at my fear. I watched his teeth shrink back into his gums and his eyes return to normal.

            “Need to find a new hiding place, David is getting suspicious. One more night wont hurt. You really have to be quiet now though.” He told me as we walked out of the door, well he walked whilst dragging me.

            “Why, you said I’m better to you alive, you wont kill me.” I pointed out, crap, where did that confidence come from? My heart rate sped up as he dragged out the silence staring at me before his lips turned into a grin, he enjoyed my fear.

            “I can punish you though and now I will.” He dragged me down the steps of the basement, it’s better than being chucked I guess. I pushed me up against the wall, then from the ceiling he pulled down one rope to the left of me. He lifted my wrist up to it, trying it in. He then pulled one down from the right of me and tied my right wrist up. Both of them above my head, I couldn’t move them and it was uncomfortable, extremely uncomfortable. I squirmed. “See.”

            “Why don’t you want him to know I’m here?” I questioned.

            “Oh, another question.” He took another piece of rope in his hand and tugged on it as he did my feet were lifted off the ground so my toes were only just skimming the cold concrete floor. I shut my mouth tight, no more questions, why had I been so stupid. “Quiet now.” With that he shot off up the stairs shutting the door at the top. This was horrible. Tears escaped my eyes at my stupidity. Right now I’m so helpless. Pathetic.

            I heard the footsteps of two people above me.

            “What are we going to do now?” A giggling girl asked. They really were all smitten by David and his looks. They wouldn’t be if they knew who he was. “Are you going to bite me?” Wait, they do. Nathan did say willing… this is all so confusing. “Bite me David!” I heard a snarl and the familiar sound of a bite, he’d done it. Right above me some girl was being bitten. I heard the moans of both David and her. She was enjoying it. But it was so painful. It went on for a while. “Are you going to invite me in?” The girl flirtily questioned.

            “No, I’m done now.” David told her. “Forget all about tonight, we went on a date and then I took you home. I only came out to be polite because you asked me too. I only have eyes for one girl, and I’m not interested in you at all. We had a good time and a laugh but that was all. You never came here.” David spoke in his monotone voice, saying similar to what he had last night, wait no, exactly the same thing.

            “We went on a date then you took me home. You only came out to be polite because I asked you too. I’m not what you’re looking for, you only have eyes for one girl and you’re not interested in me at all. We had a good time and a laugh but that was all. I never came here.” The girl repeated back, the same as the girl had last night. “Good night David.” I heard her footsteps as she walked away, the same as the girl had last night, this was all a bit freaky!

            “I’m sorry.” I heard David whisper after her as he had last night, his tone full of remorse. I couldn’t help thinking how different David was from Nathan. No, no he wasn’t he was exactly the same, taking what he wants and then ditching. Draining blood from a helpless body. Except that girl wasn’t tied up down here just dangleing agonizingly.