Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

            My eyes fluttered open letting in the day light. Day light… DAMN! I jumped out of bed and got dressed in a rush, I was already two hours late for school with it being 11am. I hurried to wash off last nights make up replacing it with simple barely there make up. I shoved my hair back into a bun, grabbed my keys and left my house to get into my car and drive to school.

            I rushed to my History lesson. I pulled the door of the school open running instantly into another body, twisting my ankle and falling to the floor.

            “Sorry!” I apologised instantly.           

            “No, it’s my fault, sorry.” A deep voice spoke from above me, then a hand came into view. I put mine into it and let him, whoever he was, help me up. Wow, he was strong he took pretty much all my weight! My ankle hurt slightly but it would pass. I looked at my helper. I was looking into beautiful green eyes. David. “Do you need any help walking?”

            “Erm… no, no I’m fine.” I smiled. “I have to get to class I’m already late.” I sighed. “Shouldn’t you be in class?” I questioned.

            “Bye.” He shifted uncomfortably then just walked out, I watched him leave in confusion. What was that about? I walked out of the door to see where he was going but when I made it to the corner he had turned he wasn’t there. Maybe he had ran? In a cloud of confusion I made my way back to the school.

            All day the way David had just disapeared played on my mind, he also didn’t return to school, which was weird. I let myself into my flat and opened up the fridge… great empty. I rolled my eyes and made my way into the bedroom to get ready for tonight, I’d have to put out good and proper tonight if I want to eat.

            I made my way down into the bar, my stripper heels strapped to my feet, wearing nothing but barely there underwear. I climbed up onto the bar and scanned the room looking for as young as possible. There, in the corner of the bar, for a second I thought it was David with a glass of whisky in front of him but on closer inspection his eyes were blue and he looked older. I walked along the bar avoiding the drinks and ignoring the men desperate for my attention. I tapped my platform against this mans glass and he looked up, his face instantly sliding into a side smile.

            “How can I help you miss?” He questioned, his voice was deep and sexy. Instantly pulling me in.

            “Want a room?” I questioned using my sexy voice whilst dropping down onto the bar to sit in his lap.

            “How much would that cost me?” He winked.

            “£100 to the man behind the bar.” I informed him whilst holding eye contact with him as I did with every man, except he was holding mine too. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him waving over a bar tender. His eyes left mine to look at the man.

            “A room please, and for free.” His voice was monotone, I was about to question him but the bar tender cut me off.

            “Of course sir. Sky take him upstairs.” The mans voice was blank, I turned around to question him, why did this man get it free? Usually whoever had the cheek to question would get kicked out and get nothing. I got up off this mans lap though, seductively grabbing his shirt whilst pushing my way through the crowd to make my way upstairs.

            I shut the door behind us and wrapped myself around him.

            “Everything is expensive with me.” I told him seductively. He looked me in the eye.

            “Everything is free for me.” His monotone voice returned, as he spoke a sharp pain hit my head. I raised my eyebrow at him and tried to ignore the pain that hadn’t left yet.

            “I don’t think so.” I pushed him away. “You may have gotten up here for free but I ain’t doing nothing for free.” His face was one of confusion as I opened the door and stormed out of the room. I grabbed my stuff and made my way home, I’d had enough for tonight I’d rather starve.

            As soon as I stepped out into the cold night air I instantly regretted not bringing my car. I hurried up my pace with the constant feeling I was being watched or followed, also the pain my head had now dulled to a headache. I turned around to look over my shoulder, I swear I heard someone. No one. I hurried up, the sound of my heels on the pavement echoing throughout the street. My house, I fumbled for my key in my bag, quickly shoving it into the lock, unlocking it and letting me into my house. Instantly I felt safer.

            I locked the house from the inside, the eerie feeling hadn’t left but I did feel safer. I made my way to the kitchen, I rumaged through my kitchen cupboards, bare of food other than the odd packet of something, though I wasn’t looking for food. Bingo. I pulled the bottle of vodka from the back of one of the cupboards, there was at least half the bottle left. I rumaged through my drawers finding the packet of pain killers I was after, I popped a load out and knocked them back with the vodka hoping that either the pills or the drink would numb the relentless pain in my head.

            I crawled up the wooden stairs, gripping onto my balance. Once on the landing I made my way to my bedroom a mess, as was every other room in this house. Bare floorboards, dark, just a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. There was only two rooms clean and tidy, always left untouched. My parents and my little twin sisters’ room. The door was always shut and I never entered them, left exactly how they were from the crash. I chucked myself down onto the mattress on the floor, I’d sold the bed ages ago to pay for some alcohol and the bills. I pulled the plain sheet up over my body and rested my head on a pillow, I finnished the bottle and put it beside the mattress, watching it roll over the floor, the only sound in the large house which was once full of life but that was now just a dull memory of the past.

            Thankfully the pain in my head has subsided, I lay on my back and stared up at the ceiling, a few glow in the dark stars remained on there, stuck on by blue tack by my dad many years ago. The moonlight came in through the window, I looked at the scars on my arm as I held it up in front of me, only once it had taken to create the rugged lines on the inside of my arm, the pain didn’t solve anything so I’d never bothered again. My arms were ridiculously skinny, so was my entire body, I looked down at the sheet which hung over my body showing my legs, my hips even jutted up through the sheet, I’d lost so much weight. But it was the perfect body for my job. Fairly big boobs, they were bigger but I still had nothing to complain about, the skinny stomach, the gap between my thighs, that was also a recent thing, my legs had barely any shape left to them anymore, just a line straight down. But they were no where near as skinny as some girls legs, the legs that looked like they were about to snap, mine weren’t like that. My collarbone jutted out as did my hip bones but that was fine. My face had become more defined. But I wasn’t anorexic, I managed to just stay above the weight that would class me anorexic. No body noticed this, I was good at hiding it, being the shy cheerleader in school. Yet still I was a figure people looked up too, people wanted to be a cheerleader with the power to get any boy in school. I didn’t have time for a stupid jock. My mind wondered to David, but then over to the man in the club tonight, the resmbelance was uncanny, they could be related. I pushed it to the back of my mind and let myself drift into an empty sleep.