Chapter 15.

Chapter 15.

            I woke up, cried some more, then pulled myself together. I had a job, I can focus on that, forget all this supernatural rubbish, I don’t want any part in it. No. Especially not David… I had to repeat this in my head, again and again, maybe eventually I will believe it. I pulled on some clothes and brushed my hair through, then put on the usual minimal make-up. Everything still such a struggle with my broken arm. I left my house, rushed through the rain and got into my car, wait, could I even drive? Stupid question, of course I couldn’t, I sighed then rested my head on the wheel. I took a few deep breaths before getting out of the car, back into the rain.

            “Smile Sky, just smile.” I told myself aloud, not that I actually smiled, I actually found myself rolling my eyes. “Great, now I’m talking to myself.” I sighed, I was already soaked through, all I wanted to do was go back to bed, but I couldn’t. I’m normal, normal people go to school. I attempted to believe that I was normal, in the back of my head I was screaming. Normal? Me? Yeah right, I’m a witch. My boyfriend… sorry ex-boyfriend is a Vampire. Great now I’m thinking about David. I sighed and let a few tears roll down my cheek, it was raining, it’s not as if you could tell, not that anyone was around to be able to notice. I trudged on along the pavement, making my way to school.

            The day was terrible. David wasn’t in school, Nathan was, taunting me all day, his thoughts were scary, he was thinking about who he could manipulate to kill me next, however, at least he wasn’t hurting David… subconsciously that’s probably why I was in his head in the first place, did I care if he wanted me dead? No, I was ready to greet death when it came, hell, I’ve tried to kill myself. I cared about David… no, that can’t be it, I don’t know him, but still, the same annoying pain throbbed in my chest.

            “Hey, you ready?” George smiled at me. I raised my eyebrow at him in confusion. “The job…”

            “OH YEAH!” I’d completely forgotten, how can I forget the one good thing that was currently happening in my life?

            “So, you ready?” He asked again.

            “Yep.” I smiled at him reassuringly, working has to be better than curling up on my mattress and missing David, how can I miss someone I ‘broke up’ with just yesterday? I couldn’t! I sighed, I did though, no matter how much I shouldn’t, but why? Why do I have to care about him! He lives in a different world that I don’t belong in, of course however, I do. This was all so confusing! George began walking off so I followed him, thankfully it had stopped raining so the walk was quite pleasant. George seemed deep in thought, I was tempted to get into his head, but that would be me invading his privacy, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. So we walked in silence until we got to the garage.

            “Ah Sky!” George’s dad smiled at me. All the men in the garage looked up from their various cars and grinned, I smiled back, standing with confidence even if I wasn’t the least bit confident. I was put to work in the office, my first job was to clean it! Sort it out. I thought it would be easy but as soon as I stepped into the office I could see that this was going to be a tedious job. There was paper EVERYWHERE. I got started quickly, eager to get it over and done with.

            One day done, exhausted I threw myself down onto the bed, my life was forever set to be hard work.

            The rest of the month was dull. No other word to describe it. I got up, went to school, went to work, came home. Again and again and again. Then I worked on the weekends to pass the time. David hadn’t turned up to school, but I knew he was at home because I caught Nathan thinking about him one day, insulting him for sulking or something. I just went on with my routine, blocked out Nathan and pretended to be normal. I’d even managed to succeed. Normality has been restored. The one thing I hadn’t managed to budge was the pain I felt whenever David crept into my mind. I sat cross legged on my bed, I’d been working all morning, on a Sunday, Sunday 4th of November, but Wade sent me home early because he claimed that I’ve been working a lot lately. I was working to block out David but now I had nothing to do but to think about him. I missed him so much, this is ridiculous. I got up grabbed my keys and got into my car. I can do this. Nathan has made no attempt to murder me, the murder thoughts had backed away, hence why I stopped listening. David was safe. But I’d just managed to regain normality… I don’t know, I just need to talk to him. I was already driving across town. When did I become such a spur of the moment kind of girl? I’d spent the month being the timid girl fading into the background, yet all of a sudden I felt as if I had my spark back.

ANOTHER WORLD: New Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें