𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1

This book is in Colby's POV
I woke up feeling down, my tear-stained cheeks red and puffy. I went to grab my phone from my bedside table, noticing a bandage up my wrist. Oh yeah. I struggle with depression, and every now and again I'll have an anxiety attack. A lot of the time the voices in my head get to me, and I cut. It's like Russian roulette. I cut until I pass out, then wait and see how long it takes until I wake up. I'm gay. My family know, they've hated me since I told them. They act like I don't even exist. I live in a house with them because I have nowhere else to go. They don't even acknowledge me, I have to pay for my own food and stuff. It's pretty shit. Most of my wardrobe is black. Black hoodies, black jeans, black chokers, black boots, black platforms, black belts, you name it. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 2:30am. I sighed and threw my head back on my pillow. I suddenly had the urge to go onto my roof. I'd had my own secret hang out spot for years, but my family still haven't noticed. It's got 2 deck chairs, multiple black blankets, a black mini fridge filled with monster, fairy lights and a safe filled with Marlboro cigarettes, 3 lighters, a juul and e-liquid. I've got a nicotine addiction, and I hate it. But I can't stop. I hate myself. I hate everything. I'm lonely. I lead what is known as 'the grunges'. That is, because we all wear black and listen to mcr and coincidentally are all friends. There's around 30 of us, just like 'the sweets'. They're all positive and listen to your typical pop music. They're all friends too, there's also about 30 of them. We're rivals. That's just how it is. Always has been, always will. I stood up and stretched, opening my bedroom window. The cold air hit me suddenly. I walked away from the window, grabbing a black hoodie. I threw it over my head, grabbing my phone and shoving it in my pocket. I re-opened my window and swung my legs out, sliding out onto the roof. I sat down underneath my window, grabbing a blanket and draping it over me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened snapchat, taking a picture of the night sky. I quickly drew an 's' in the corner for streaks and sent it to my friends, half of them were also awake. I put the pin into my safe, 5018, and lit a cigarette, taking a drag in the cold night air.

I was on my roof until about 5am, that was when the cold started getting to me. I sighed and climbed back inside my window, a wave of warmth swarming over me. I laid back down in my bed, not planning to go to sleep any time soon. My alarm went off at 6:30am, so I had to sit doing nothing until then. All of my friends had gone to sleep. I grabbed my AirPods off of my bedside table and connected them to my phone. I opened Spotify and turned on my playlist - The Nights I'm Left Alone - and listened.

My alarm finally went off at 6:30am. I groaned and stood up, opening my wardrobe. I picked out ripped up black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt that said 'normal people scare me', my Lil Peep black hoodie and knee high black platform boots with chains on the side. I got dressed and sat down on my bed, lacing up my platforms delicately. I sighed to myself and walked downstairs, opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. I poured myself a glass, drinking it fast and wiping my mouth with the side of my hand. I checked the time quickly. 7:00am. I ran up to my bedroom and grabbed my second juul, and a couple of pods, shoving it in my backpack, along with a pen, and slinging the bag across my back. I ran back downstairs, grabbing my keys and exiting the house. This was gonna be a long day.

I hope y'all enjoy this book