Chapter 22

"Thanks for the help!" I waved tyler goodbye as we got to our hotel. He grinned and waved in return, walking away.
"He was nice," Sam said, draping his arm over my shoulder. I hummed in agreement and melted to his touch, leaning into him.
"I'm tired," I yawned. Our room was right around the corner, and I couldn't wait to get into that bed.
"You look it," Sam chuckled. He scooped me up quickly, making me squeal, and carried me into our room, placing me down onto the bed, pulling my shoes off and passing me a pair of joggers to wear to bed. He then went to find his own, putting our bag of clothes down next to the suitcase. Whilst I got dressed, he came and sat on the bed next to me. His phone started ringing, and he picked it up.
"It's my mom, holy shit what do I do?" He said frantically.
"Just ignore it. Or answer it and see what she wants," I said, turning around to face him. He nodded and answered it, putting it on speaker.
(M- Sam's Mom, S- Sam, C- Colby)
M- Where the fuck are you?
S- Hello to you too.
M- Don't get cocky with me Samuel.
S- Don't call me Samuel.
M- Answer me, where the fuck are you?
S- Why?
M- Because you're my son.
S- Unfortunately.
M- Where are you?
S- Why do you care now? You didn't last week, or the week before that, so does it really matter? I'm safe. That's all you need to know. And I'm happy. Happier than I ever was with you. I'm happy with where I am physically and mentally, so I'm not coming back to you. Understood?
M- Jesus Christ, if you said that to me face to face I would've beaten your ass right into next week.
C- Shut the fuck up, he's done nothing to deserve to be treated like this, he's done nothing to be beaten, so just leave him the fuck alone because he doesn't want to be with you, he doesn't want to be in the same house as you, he's happy where he is, so leave him be. He's your son, you want him to be happy, right? Like because he's gay. You want him to be happy, so let him be. Is that so hard to understand? Just let him be happy for once in his fucking life!
M- Shut up Colby, nobody asked you.
S- I fucking hate you, Cindy. You're not my mom. I don't know you. You're not the same person you used to be.

And with that, he put the phone down, tears building up in his eyes.
"Listen to me. You are so much more than that. Don't think about her, or anything she's ever said to you, you are perfect just the way you are. Who cares if you're gay? Or the way you dress? It's your choice. Well, not really the first one, but you get my point. It's your life, not her's. Don't let her control you, you are your own person, and that person is perfect. You are perfect. You're not her, she's not you. I love you, Sam," I opened my arms and he threw himself into them. I held him tightly as he sobbed into my shoulder, whispering sweet nothings and playing with his hair.
"Sorry, whenever she calls me all I do is cry, I'm sor-" I cut him off whilst wiping his tears.
"You've nothing to be sorry for Sammy," I kissed him softly, stroking his cheek with my thumb. He nodded and I pulled him into another hug, tracing small circles into his back with my fingertips.
"Let's go to sleep," he mumbled croakily, moving away from the hug and laying down. I laid down next to him and he pulled me closer to him, his arms wrapped around me tightly.
"Thank you," He whispered groggily.
"You're welcome," I smiled to myself and fell asleep, jet lag truly catching up.

I fuck everything up.