ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 12

"You boys have a thing for falling asleep on this roof," my mom chuckled. She'd just woken me and Sam up, as we'd fallen asleep on the roof again.
"It's cozy, what can I say?" I laughed, Sam under my arm.
"It's cold," Sam mumbled, his teeth chattering slightly.
"Ok, lets go inside," I smiled, letting Sam go in first. He got inside and sighed at the warmth, walking over to my bed and quickly laying down. I climbed inside myself, hopping into bed.
"I'm still cold. Cuddle me," Sam pouted. I wrapped my arms around him tightly. He smiled and hummed, rubbing his head against my shoulder. I put my hand in his hair, kissing his forehead softly.

"You two were meant to leave for school an hour ago, wake up!" My mom yelled, turning the light on. Sam groaned.
"Hmm?" I lifted my head up, my eyes still shut.
"You know what, fuck it, have the day off. You'll only get a detention, it's not worth going in. But get up, I need to go to work," my mom said, thinking I was fully awake.
"What?" Sam said groggily, rubbing his eyes.
"You woke up late for school. Don't bother going in, there's no point. I need to go to work, see ya," she waved, leaving the room.
"Sick," I chuckled.
"I wanna go back to sleep," Sam groaned, draping an arm across my chest.
"You can, we have all day," I laughed, kissing his forehead.
"Good, I'm tired," he huffed, his head in the crook of my neck. I rubbed his arm softly and turned my tv on for a change, watching FRIENDS. I chuckled lightly at the jokes, Sam asleep next to me.

"Sammy, I'm hungry, let's go get some food from downstairs," I smiled, moving my arm from around him.
"Ok," he smiled happily, standing up. I stood up after him, leading him downstairs. Our happy smiles soon turned to shocked expressions when we saw the trail of blood that lead from the front door to the back door.
"C-Colby," Sam whimpered, pointing to the trail.
"What the fuck? Stay here," I said, stepping towards the trail. I followed it out to the back door. I noticed Sam's gentle footsteps behind me,
"Sam, go back, please," I said, turning around.
"Why?" He asked, standing still.
"Because I don't want you getting hurt. Go back," I said in a more stern tone. He turned around and plodded back to the stairs. I opened the back door, seeing the trail of blood extend. I exited and followed it, leaving the door inched open.
"Oh.." I said, seeing a hand covered in blood from around the corner.
"My god," I choked out, seeing the dead body. The dead body of my father. My father who "moved" to Arizona. My father who was dead. Tears started streaming down my face. No matter how horrible he was to me in my life, he was my dad. I loved him, I guess. Deep down. His eyes were glazed open in terror, his mouth slightly open, dried blood around his lips. My shaky hand reached into my pocket for my phone. I dialled 911, my vision blurred by tears.
"M-My dad is d-dead in m-my back y-yard. I-I don't k-know what h-happened," I stumbled over my words.
"We'll be there as soon as possible. Wait out front of your house, we'll know exactly where to go then," the operator said. I said ok and put the phone down, running back into the house.
"Colby, what happened?" He asked, wiping the tears from my cheeks. I shook my head and made my way to the front door.
"Colby, talk to me," Sam said, following me to the front yard.
"M-my dad," I wiped tears from my eyes.
"Oh my god," Sam whispered, wrapping his arms around me. I sobbed into his shoulder as we waited for the police and ambulance to come.
"I d-don't wanna b-be here," I cried, Sam reaching up to play with my hair.
"I know, I know. You're ok. It's gonna be ok. I love you," He whispered sweet nothings into my ear, trying his best to comfort me. To be honest, it was pretty effective. I stopped crying around 10 minutes after the police and ambulance came. Sam covered my eyes as they brought my dad through in a body bag. I cried a little more.
"I need a cigarette," I mumbled croakily.
"No, no you don't. There's better ways of coping. Try painting your emotions, or skating or something. Just please, don't do anything that can-" he said, me cutting him off.
"It'll be the last one I ever have, I promise. Just let me have this one," I begged.
"Last one. No more," he nodded, stroking my hair softly. It felt good to be cared for. I'm a switch. I told Sam I was a top because I wanted to be the dominant one, but now I wasn't so sure.

COLBY PUT THAT PICTURE ON HIS STORY AND IM NOT OKKKK