𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

It was around 12pm, and Sam's mom finally rang him to ask where he was.
(S- Sam M- Sam's mom)
S- Hello?
M- Samuel? Where are you? Are you ok?
S- I'm at a.. friends. Yes, I'm ok. Stop worrying.
M- Who is this friend?
S- I met him at school, he's called Colby.
M- I want to meet this Colby.
S- Ok, I'll see if his mom will let him come round.
M- I want you back here in the next hour.
S- Ok, ok. Calm down, jeez.
M- Don't backchat me, Samuel.
S- Don't call me Samuel.
M- Fine, Whatever, just be here in the next hour. Or you'll get another beating.
S- Ok.

And he put the phone down.
"What did she want?" I asked.
"She wants me home in the next hour and she wants to meet you," he shook his head softly.
"I'll come with you then," I grinned.
"No," he shook his head desperately.
"Why?" I asked, putting an arm around his small body.
"You don't want to meet her. Honestly. She'll act like the nicest person when you're around but behind closed doors she does fucking all sorts to me," he teared up.
"Hey, hey, it's ok. Cry if you need to, I'm here baby. What... what does she do to you?" I asked, hugging him tightly. He moved away from the hug and pulled up the clothes I'd given him. I saw bruises, multiple, all purple and swelled. There was even a red handprint.
"Oh my god, Sam," I looked at him with caring eyes, seeing that he was now crying. I pulled him closer to me, hugging him tightly.
"Baby..." I sighed, kissing his head.
"I don't wanna go back," he cried into my chest.
"You have to baby. I'll stay there with you, ok? I'll make sure you're safe," I played with the ends of his dirty blonde hair.
"You promise?" He looked up at me with big eyes.
"I promise, Sammy," I smiled. He nodded with a sniffle and wiped his eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie.
"You're not getting this back by the way," he chuckled lightly, gesturing to the hoodie.
"I figured. Should we set off, baby?" I kissed his forehead as he nodded.

"M-Mom I'm h-home. And C-Colby is h-here too," he said semi-loudly.
"Finally," she laughed, Sam leading me to where she was.
"Hey! You must be Colby," she stood up with a smile, but something in her eyes looked wrong, like she was mad.
"C-can Colby stay t-the night?" He asked, his voice suddenly quiet and frail.
"Sure! I don't see why not," she smiled, trying her best to look warm and welcoming.
"W-We're gonna g-go upstairs," he mumbled, tugging on my sleeve slightly and leading me upstairs. Once I was in his room, he closed it and bolted it shut.
"That's what I mean. And then as soon as you leave she'll beat me to fucking nothing," he started to tear up again. I quickly enveloped him in a big hug, his arms around my waist tightly due to his small height.
"If I'm here, she won't. I promise I'll take care of you baby," I kissed his head repeatedly, holding him close to me tightly.
"C-Can we just go to sleep?" He sniffled, even though it was only around 1pm.
"Of course baby," I followed him over to his bed, laying next to him as he fell asleep.

This one's short but tea and double update.