Prologue

People say that this world is beautiful even through the many faults it has.

I believe that this world has everything except beauty. It's a cruel world made with no mercy.

There's titans after us, we humans also prey on other creatures, we also destroy each other's lifes, it's a world of preys and predators.

Even though knowing that, even though I hate humans, I still want to be of help to this world. I thought of good ways to help improve this world, the only perfect thought for me was to join the Survey Corps.

If I join, I'll be able to protect everyone. If I die, I'll die shamelessly.

Also we won't be much of a prey to our predators because we can fight back.

But joining the Survey Corps require courage, bravery, and strength. Do I have these three things?

I do have some bravery, I do have some courage, and I do have some strength.

But probably not enough to become a soldier. But if I have a family, I might be able to have enough of these three things to become a soldier, because of the support.

But I don't have a family, they died. I was left all alone.

My mom, she died while giving birth to me. And here's my dad, he would always drink and holler all the time at me.

I could tell that my dad really loved my mom that in the end, dad hanged himself.

For a seven year old, that was a very frightening thing.

I was helpless and I didn't know anyone. Plus, I don't even know my parents' names, I truly am pathetic.

Later, I was took in on foster parents, but I was treated poorly. The foster parents had two older kids who would always pick on me.

I always kept a notebook with me, it was the only thing that I can pour my feelings into. It was like an imaginary friend.

At age 12, I was abandoned on the side of the busy streets. Surprisingly, I was actually scared at the fact that I'm on my own now. I've always thought of running away, but now that its come true, I wasn't delighted with it.

Oh yeah, now that I'm outside where lots of humans raom around, I need to smile more. Smiles always seem to trick people pretty easily, and have them take a liking to you.

I had never really been in contact with people that I've developed a fear of them.

Just having the thought of having to be around people makes me feel sick, and the thought of me falling in love seriously makes me want to dissappear.

This will probably be a nightmare for the rest of my life.

That's what I had thought, until I met him.

The one and only, Lance Corporal Levi.