003

Jeno switched his computer off and sighed, stretching his back and arms. He had been working his ass off all day, so the excitement he felt about going home was unreal. He had been trying extremely hard over the past couple of weeks to impress the Chief, and so far it was working.

Just as he fetched his keys out of his desk drawer, he heard the main glass door open and one of the older officers' voices resonated throughout the room.

"Jeno, could you take this one? It's just a theft case; it won't take more than ten minutes."

Jeno sighed and slung his keys back into the drawer. "Yes, sunbaenim," Jeno replied as cheerfully as he could. He raised his eyes expecting to see a new face but was met with a taunting pair of eyes he knew all too well. The ravenette groaned internally as he plopped back into his office chair. "Come have a seat, Jaemin."

The other officer raised her brow at their affiliation, but nonetheless, let go of the young boy's arm so he could go to Jeno's desk. She gave Jeno a fake smile. "Thanks, Jeno. I owe you one."

"It's no problem," Jeno laughed awkwardly. He knew he was being used by the older officers to do the small cases no one particularly cared about doing, but anything to get recognition from the Chief.

Jeno turned his attention to a smirking Jaemin. "Stealing? Really?"

Jaemin just shrugged in response. "Yes."

"Don't you have anything better to do than getting in trouble? It can't be much fun being here all the time."

"This is only my second time being here since you got here, so I don't know where you got that I'm here all the time—but getting to see you makes it fun," Jaemin retorted slyly.

Jeno rolled his eyes at Jaemin's flirty remark. "How have you not got put in jail yet? Haven't you been in trouble enough?"

Jaemin leaned forward cockily. "I guess you've not figured out that I'm above the law. I could murder twelve people and I'd still be roaming free."

Jeno swallowed thickly. He didn't know what Jaemin meant by being above the law, but quite frankly it was a bit scary. "Well, you'll still have to go to court and such. I'm sure you know the cycle."

"Yup, I know—but I'll never see the judge and my record will be white as snow in no time. Cool, right!"

"Yeah, whatever."

Jaemin leaned back again, getting comfortable in the plastic chair. "So, how old are you?"

"Too old for you," Jeno hastily snapped.

Jaemin put his hands up in surrender, the retort not getting to him at all. "Chill, just asking."

Silence engulfed the two. The brunette's gaze was finally not on Jeno, but the other desks and such that decorated the room.

"Twenty-one."

Jaemin's attention immediately returned to Jeno, who had shifted his gaze to the other side of the room. The brunette broke out in a huge grin, causing Jeno to blush a little.

"See, that wasn't so hard."

"Whatever. You're free to go, you can leave now."

Jaemin's smile turned into a playful pout. "But Jeno~. I wanna talk to you all night."

Jeno suddenly resented the golden name tag on his desk as his blush involuntarily deepened. "That's Officer Lee to you, and no, I want to go home."