018

Jeno couldn't sleep. Honestly, he really didn't want to either. It seemed like every time he closed his eyes he could see Jaemin at that stupid party with that stupid boy—and if he were to sleep, no doubt he'd dream about it. It sucked. He had never felt so conflicted over something like this before. It was getting difficult to continue his strong facade as he nearly fell apart over the image of Jaemin being intimate with someone else.

That was the problem, though. He didn't want to be intimate with Jaemin but also cringed at the idea of the latter being with someone else. It was confusing as much as it was ridiculous, and it was driving him mad.

He was beginning to crack as longing and jealousy coursed through his every vein. Maybe he did like Jaemin a little more than he let on. Maybe he should've just given him a chance. Maybe it's not too late.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

I can't, I can't, I can't...

With a groan, he tugged at his raven locks and brought his knees up to his chest. He felt like he was in high school again, longing for someone in such an elementary way that it made him feel pathetic. At this rate, he was no better than Jaemin was sobbing and begging the older to like him.

But if Jaemin was really that desperate for Jeno's affection, he wouldn't have been fucking someone else.

🔴🔵

Jeno knew in the back of his mind what was about to go down when he was asked to go down to Hannam-dong's high school because of a fight that they had to take an assessment over. It seemed that even though Hannam-dong wasn't even their designated neighborhood, he and Yukhei spent a good chunk of their time there. Not that either were complaining, though.

When they walked in the principal's office, Jeno halfway expected to see Jaemin sitting in the chair. However, he was met with another teenager that looked decently battered up.

"One of you can talk to Mr.Kwon here, but the other will have to go to the nurse's office to speak to Mr.Na. I don't think they've managed to tame his nosebleed yet," the principal addressed the two officers.

"I've got this one," Yukhei answered immediately, taking a seat in the principal's desk chair.

Jeno groaned internally. He knew who Mr.Na was. Of course, he had to see Jaemin. It was the gods' way of punishing him for something, he was sure of it.

Reluctantly, he left the office and weaved his way through the halls to find the nurse's station. He already knew where it was, having brought Jaemin back there once already. Maybe that can be our new spot, he halfway joked in his mind.

Drawing in a deep breath, he knocked on the door and waited for the nurse to let him in. It was answered by her a couple seconds later, the woman giving him a small smile, but not inviting him inside yet.

'Hello, Officer," she greeted.

"Hello," he replied, but he couldn't be more distant. Jaemin was sat on the bed, a bunch of tissues bundled under his nose, catching the last bit of blood dripping from his nose. His shirt was already covered in it, and it was kind of sickening. Not only that, his lip was busted and he had a small cut right above his eyebrow. The officer's heart sank at his condition, and he hated how nearly incapable he was of ignoring the urge to embrace Jaemin.

"Can I speak to you in private for a moment, please?" the nurse then asked, snapping Jeno out of his intrusive train of thought.

"Yes, of course."