037

As Jaemin woke up, he felt the harsh slap of reality. Every bit of hyper-activeness from last night had worn off, and now he was back to being normal Jaemin.

He took a singular line to get himself to feel something as he looked back on what had happened last night. It was impossible to suppress a smile as he thought about Jeno being so caring, even staying with him until he fell asleep. He also felt a bit silly for assuming the worst, when in reality Jeno was a working man with more things to deal with than him—but his insecurities and desire for attention always got the best of him.

The teen remembered that Jeno didn't have to work today, the immense knowledge of his schedule always seeming to come in handy. He got dressed and made himself look presentable—especially since Jeno probably has the pathetic scene of him engraved in his brain—before leaving his house that was bustling with preparations for tonight's party. Today was dull and gloomy, much like his mood right now, but that would hopefully go away once the cocaine kicked in and he got to Jeno's apartment. The rain pattering against his windshield calmed him and almost made him want to drive like a decent human being—almost.

Soon, he arrived at Jeno's house—surprisingly not having died in a car accident. He knocked on the door and waited for a few moments before the officer opened it.

"Hey, I was going to come check on you later," Jeno smiled.

"Who's that?" A woman's voice came from the background, causing Jaemin's eyebrows to furrow and stomach to drop.

"Who's that?" the pink-haired boy echoed, betrayal seeping through his words. It took everything in him not to burst out crying and run away, but he was hoping this was all some misunderstanding.

The officer sensed the younger's unease and was quick to defend himself. "It's not what it looks like! She's my cousin."

"Who's this?" the girl asked, appearing behind Jeno and peeking around him to get a look at the guest. She was dressed in a mini skirt and crop top, which only made Jaemin more worried. Not because clothing defined the woman, but because she was absolutely stunning. Most women wouldn't have the guts to pull off something like that, but she radiated confidence and sultry.

"Mirae, this is Jaemin. Jaemin, Mirae," Jeno introduced, motioning between the two. He was well aware of what this looked like, and his mind was swirling with how to get himself out of this situation. "She was here to plan a surprise party for our grandma."

The pink-haired boy nodded suspiciously. "Should I...go?"

"No!" the officer exclaimed immediately, shocking both himself and Mirae.

The girl chuckled a bit at her cousin and his conspicuous attraction before smiling at Jaemin, discerning the tension between the two. "Yeah, I was just about to leave. I've got a date with my girlfriend I need to get to," she said sweetly, wiggling past Jeno and into the hallway.

"Oh you're—"

"Yup! They always say there's always one gay cousin in the family, but we have two!" Mirae beamed, glancing over her shoulder at the two. "Seeya tonight, Nono!"

Jeno burned bright red at the nickname, while Jaemin donned a devilish smirk. "Nono, huh?"

"Don't even think about it," the older warned, but his tinted cheeks caused it to look nothing short of adorable.

"Okay, Nono, I won't," Jaemin mocked, but he stopped once Jeno glared at him harshly. "Are you going to invite me in or...?"

"Oh, yeah," the ravenette cleared his throat, moving aside to let Jaemin inside. It would seem the thoughts of ways to murder Mirae had distracted him to much he forgot his basic manners. "Sorry."