017

"Is he alright?" Mark asked as he and Donghyuck eyed Jaemin from across the room.

Said pink-haired boy was currently latched onto an older-looking guy and being pulled into an empty bedroom.

"No," Donghyuck sighed as he watched the door slam shut, "he's gone off his rocker."

"What happened?"

"He said something about that cop dude rejecting him again, but he won't tell me anything else. Maybe that just pushed him over the edge. I doubt he's that upset over something like that."

Mark nodded and looped his arm around his boyfriend's thin waist. Donghyuck was obviously worried sick, but too afraid to confront Jaemin. With the latter's explosive nature, Mark didn't blame him. It was hard to get across to someone who flew off the hook every time someone tried to intervene in his destructive tendencies. It also made Donghyuck very, very hypocritical. He too enjoyed the nightlife and the drugs, alcohol, and everything else that came with it. Unlike Jaemin, though, he knew where to draw the line. Although his addiction to the substances was beginning to become an issue, he didn't use it as a coping mechanism to block everything and everyone out. They may have had the same vice, but there was one major difference that separated the two best friends.

"Let's go dance," the younger concluded nonchalantly, chugging the rest of the drink in his solo cup all at once.

🔴🔵

"Officer Lee, do you copy?"

"Yes, what do you need Officer Kang?" Jeno answered into the radio attached to his uniform.

"We received a complaint about a large house party happening in Hannam-dong that we need you and Officer Wong to help break up. Jeon and Bang are farther out than you are, so sorry you have to deal with something out of your neighborhood. There will be backup close behind, so just lay low until they get there."

"That's fine, Officer Kang. Send the address and we'll be on our way."

"Will do."

Officer Kang transferred the address into the pair's GPS, and both officers were on their way to be some badass cops. As unique as the opportunity was, Jeno really didn't want to go. He had worked the late shift tonight, and he was honestly ready to be back at the station already. On the other hand, Yukhei was already bouncing in his seat. There are two different types of people at 1 am.

When they were about a mile away from the destination, they pulled off to the side of the road to wait for the backup officers.

They didn't have to wait long as three more cars filed in behind them. All eight of the officers got out to devise a plan, not that much of one was needed. The group conversed about who was to go which direction, who to arrest and who to just leave be, and what to do if they stumble upon someone who is hurt or something of the sort. Finally, they were ready to wreak havoc on some unsuspecting teenagers.

They sped down the street, not turning on their lights or sirens so they wouldn't attract the attention of anyone. The group parked their cars and jumped out at lightning speed. Everyone who saw them coming scrambled in a frenzy, but some people inside were still oblivious.

They all burst through the front door—which was conveniently left wide open—and began their raid.

Jeno was in charge of locating the property owner—well, probably the child of the property owner in this case—and arresting them on site. Quickly, he managed to find a person so ridiculously terrified that he'd spill.

"Do you know who the owner of the premises is?"

"K-Kim Gwangil," the teen stuttered. He was obviously slightly intoxicated, but it wasn't part of Jeno's mission to arrest him.

"Do you know where I could find them?"

"Uhm...the l-last time I s-saw him he was in the living room ups-stairs."

"Thank you for your cooperation. I suggest you get out of here if you don't want to get into some trouble."

The young boy gulped and scurried straight out the front door to god knows where.

Jeno found the stairs relatively easy and bounded up them. He could tell the only people remaining upstairs were the ones either to dumb or zazzed to notice the commotion downstairs.

There were several teens lounging on some couches and loveseats, all of them looking like they were on the brink of an overdose. Still, though, not his mission.

"Which one of you is Kim Gwangil?" the officer addressed the group, who all lolled their heads to look at him—save the few who were passed out or on the verge of it.

"Bedroom," one of them answered, lazily pointing in the direction of a closed door.

Some friend he is, Jeno sniggered in his mind at the teen who outed Gwangil without a second thought.

He braced himself as he strode towards the bedroom door. He had never had this much responsibility in his career yet, and as exhilarating as it was, it was kinda stressful.

But no amount of bracing could've prepared him for who was behind the door. He would never be able to remove the image of Jaemin getting pounded from the back out of his mind, and that was well apparent from the get-go.

As shocking as it was, and despite how much he wanted to run away and hide forever, he had a job—a very professional one at that.

He gave them a moment to cover themselves before he spoke, avoiding Jaemin's gaze altogether. "Are you Kim Gwangil?"

"No," the black-haired male replied, reaching for his pants and yanking them over his legs.

"Fucking liar," Jaemin whispered through his teeth, flinching a bit when Gwangil tossed his shirt at him.

"What the hell, Jaemin!"

Shrugging, Jaemin looked away and slid the shirt on. He could care less about Gwangil, and allowing him to get away with lying to a cop would do neither of them any good.

Jeno cleared his throat. "Kim Gwangil, you are under arrest for distributing alcohol to minors and possession of illegal drugs. You have the right to remain silent; anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

The ravenette stepped over to Gwangil and handcuffed him, not sparing Jaemin a last glance as he led him out of the room.

He was fuming. Why he didn't know—but he did know he felt disgusted and the urge to punch Gwangil was ever prominent.

Why'd he have to get so caught up in someone like Jaemin?