007

Jaemin randomly popping into the station had become a regular occurrence over the past few weeks. Of course, the other officers had noticed, but none of them said anything—sans Yukhei, who managed to squeeze in some teasing while the pair were out patrolling. It was as if all the officers had collectively agreed to just ignore Jaemin's appearances. After all, it wasn't like Jeno asked him to come. Not only that, the ravenette never played along with the teen's games and always asked him to leave before he got them both in trouble. The younger never left, of course.

Tonight was no different. Jaemin was situated in the uncomfortable plastic chair in front of Jeno's desk as the officer tried to catch up on some late-night work. The brunette always rambled about the craziest things, but Jeno still listened—whether it be about some meme he saw on the Internet, a random cat he saw on the street, or even some floozy that tried to throw herself onto him at a get-together. It wasn't like he voluntarily listened to the younger's stories, it just kinda happened. He had unlocked a passageway in his mind that allowed him to diligently work while Jaemin's words played as background noise.

Jeno cracked his fingers as he leaned back into his desk chair, cringing a bit as the horrid sound his knuckles made. Jaemin stopped talking as the officer silently fetched his keys out of his desk, swinging them on his index finger as he started for the door.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Jeno asked. Now, it also wasn't uncommon for the older to drop Jaemin off at his house. The teen somehow always managed to weasel his way into a ride, until one day it became Jeno asking instead—which was exactly what Jaemin was aiming for.

"No, I'm going to a party. Thanks, though."

"This late? Don't you think you should just head home now?"

"Awh, look at you being all worried about me," Jaemin cooed, prodding at the taller's muscular arm.

"I'd be worried for anyone else just the same," the elder said, clearing his throat.

"I'll be fine, I've done this a million times," the teen chuckled, using his once poking hand to pat Jeno's arm.

"Fine, but I can at least take you there so you're not walking around by yourself."

"I was gonna get Hyuck and Mark to come get me...but if you insist," the brunette sighed dramatically.

Jeno already knew his fate. He had fallen into the trap yet again, and would now be held to his word. Even if he decided to be a bitch and not take Jaemin to the party, he knew the younger would find a way to twist it and make him feel bad. "You know you're a twat, right?"

"Better be nice to me, Officer Lee," Jaemin warned playfully, already swinging open the passenger's side door and climbing in.

Jeno shook his head as he got into the driver's side, turning the key and listening to the engine roar to life. As usual, Jaemin already had his music connected and was playing some song he had heard from one of his friends recently.

"Where to, Jaemin?"

The brunette rattled off directions as Jeno pulled out of the parking lot, taking mental notes of everything the younger said. Was he really driving an underage teen to a party? A party where there would certainly be drinking, smoking, etc? Yes, yes he was.

"I didn't know I'd get another personal chauffeur so easily," the younger mused as Jeno turned down a street. "I mean, not that I'm complaining."

The officer rolled his eyes. Now that he thought about it, that's exactly what he was feeling like: a chauffeur. Not that he was complaining, either.