038

Jeno stepped into the Na household that was absolutely fluttering with activity. There were people everywhere, and it nearly made Jeno want to turn around and go right back outside. Not to mention the fact he looked severely underdressed compared to everyone else in the house, which only made him want to disappear more.

"Mr. Na is in his bedroom," the maid said sweetly. "You can just go on up, he should be waiting for you."

The officer twitched the ends of his lips in an attempt to smile before scurrying off to Jaemin's bedroom, careful not to catch the gaze of anyone who might question him. Without even knocking, he drifted into the teenager's bedroom, swiftly shutting the door behind him.

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Jaemin asked with a lazy smile.

The ravenette exhaled before shooting a half-assed glare at the boy across the room. "You didn't tell me the entire city of Seoul would be in your house."

"It's pretty much everyone my parents know," the younger shrugged, sliding off of his window seat and strutting up to Jeno. "Ready to go back out into the jungle?"

Jeno gulped as he took in Jaemin's appearance. He looked much more elegant that Jeno had ever seen him, even though the outfit still had Jaemin written all over it. Additionally, he had a little bit of smokey eyeliner on—but it was hardly noticeable unless you really paid attention. Even though the black makeup was barely even there, it made all the difference in Jeno's eyes.

"Earth to Jeno~" the pink-haired boy sang, snapping his fingers in front of the other male's face.

Jeno quickly came back to reality and cleared his throat in order to brush off his staring. "Yup, let's go." He spun around and left the bedroom before Jaemin could even think of teasing him.

Unlucky enough for him, Jaemin had plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

"Damn Officer Lee, you mighty caked up in them jeans," the teen catcalled, dramatically bringing his hand up to his mouth.

Jeno spun around with burning cheeks and clenched fists. "Why would you ever say that to me?"

"Just speaking facts, babe," the younger smirked walking right up to Jeno and grabbing a handful of his ass. "Ooh, very nice, very nice."

"Jaemin!' the officer hollered, quickly stepping away from his violating hand. He had never felt more embarrassed in his entire life, and Jaemin's evil smirk wasn't helping at all. No doubt he'd be dead by the end of the night if Jaemin kept acting this way.

"C'mon, hot stuff, Gram is waiting," Jaemin informed, paying no mind to Jeno's glowering, instead walking off as if nothing had even happened.

After grumbling to himself, Jeno followed behind. He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous to meet Jaemin's grandmother again. It was difficult to pinpoint why, but he chalked it up to everything having changed since the last time they met.

The pair weaved through parts of the house Jeno had never seen before, and it amazed him how grand the entire house was. It still seemed crazy to him that someone as wild as Jaemin could live in such a regal accommodation, but then again the past few months had shown him anything is possible.

They finally found Jaemin's grandmother, who greeted them with a warm smile and hug—which Jeno was shocked by, but he didn't fight it. Much like Jaemin, the woman was looking more dapper than he had ever seen, and once again he was a bit embarrassed at how plain he looked compared to everyone else.

"Great to see you again, Officer Lee," Jaemin's Gram greeted, nearly having a smug expression.

"Same to you," he replied, giving her a small smile.