052

Jeno exhaled and carefully sat down across from his boyfriend in the window seat, trying to articulate his words just right so they wouldn't get into an argument. They had been immersed in silence since they arrived, and it was eating him inside. As much as he didn't want to be pushy, he didn't want to be left in the dark even more.

"Will you tell me what happened?" he asked softly, staring deeply at the boy who hadn't even turned his face away from the window to look at him.

After a dragged out quietness, he finally said plainly, "Donghyuck and I got into a fight."

"Over?"

"He was trying to ask me if I was okay, and I lost my shit."

"You were in literal hysterics because he asked if you were okay?" the officer asked suspiciously.

"Um..." the younger trailed, words to explain exactly what had happened earlier that day not coming to mind. "It... triggered it," he finally clarified.

The ravenette nodded and glanced out of the window as well. He knew that he had to ask the question now, whether Jaemin would get upset at him or not. It had been nagging at him practically since they met, but he could just never get the words out due to fear of setting the teen off. Now was no time to beat around the bush, though. Things were getting rough, and chances are they weren't going to get any better

"Have you ever thought about...getting therapy?" he blurted before he could convince himself to keep his mouth shut as he had done so many times past.

Jaemin's eyes blew wide and breathing grew ragged as he finally turned to look at Jeno. "No, no I don't want therapy," he said quickly.

"But—"

"You think there's something wrong with me," the blue-haired boy accused, tearing up once again as he stared at Jeno like he was a monster.

"No! I didn't say that," the older panicked. "I'm just—"

"I don't need help! I'm perfectly fine!" Jaemin continued breathlessly, springing out of the window seat and beginning to pace as he flailed his hands around. He felt and looked nothing short of a frazzled crazy person right now, but his grip on his emotions and concern for his image had long passed.

"You're not fine!" the officer finally shouted, causing the frantic pacing to stop. "Goddammit, you're not fine! I've been sitting around watching you fuck up your life, but I can't anymore! Something has to give, or you're only going to keep getting worse, and I won't be able to help you," he finally snapped, tears of his own threatening to spill over.

The words pierced through Jaemin's heart, but he wasn't going to let it show. He wasn't fucking up his life—he was super fucking rich, for christ's sake, how could his life possibly get fucked up? "If you loved me, you'd understand I don't want to do it," he hissed, trying not to get caught up in the fact his boyfriend was about to cry—which was the equivalent of winning the emotional lottery—or that he swore at him twice, which also never happens unless it's serious.

"No, don't you fucking say that. You don't get to make me feel bad for being worried about you," Jeno declared. He was used to the casual manipulating that he gave way to, but this was a whole other level.

"You're so worried, but you're the fucking problem!" the teen spat before he could bite his tongue. Thanks, impulsivity. He felt his heart twist as what he said really set in, but there was nothing he could do now other than see how Jeno would react.

"If I'm the problem, then why are you with me? If you're suffering, then break up with me," the older responded, despite his gut knotting with guilt. He couldn't imagine causing the person he loved so much turmoil, but apparently, that's what he has been doing all along.

"I don't want to break up," the blue-haired boy whispered without hesitation, and it was true. He couldn't imagine his life without Jeno, no matter how much emotional pain the latter unintentionally caused him.

"But you just said that I'm the reason you're like this."

"I didn't mean it," Jaemin insisted. "I'm just...so insecure all the time. I always feel like I'm not good enough for you, and that you're going to leave me for someone else. I've convinced myself that everyone hates my guts, including you. But none of that is your fault, it's all mine," he spilled. This was the first time he'd ever tried to explain what he was feeling to anyone, and he couldn't say it was enjoyable, but it was kinda nice to get it off his chest. He couldn't even look Jeno in the eye, though. In all honesty, he was upset he couldn't be this perfect human being that his boyfriend deserved. Instead, here he was blaming said person for what's fucking with him.

The officer sighed deeply as he looked upon the broken soul that was his boyfriend. He always had speculations that he was unsure about his relationships—both romantic and platonic—but they had never been confirmed until now. He patted his lap lightly, to which Jaemin immediately stalked over and sat down gingerly, burying his fluffy blue hair into his boyfriend's neck.

"I don't hate you—I never have, and I never will," he comforted, running his hand up and down Jaemin's arm. "And I don't have intentions of leaving you for someone better, because there is no one better. I love you so much, and I just want you to be happy." He placed a gentle kiss on top of his boyfriend's head as he squeezed him tighter, praying that his consoling actually provided something instead of making things worse.

"I'm sorry," the teen sniffed, keeping his head tucked under Jeno's chin so his face wasn't visible. "Thank you for being so nice to me even though I'm a little bitch," he mumbled, allowing a small laugh to cut through the angsty air.

"That you are," the older chuckled, laying his cheek on top of the soft blue locks. "But you don't have to thank me. I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Oh my god, are you becoming a sap?" Jaemin teased, softly pinching the part of his boyfriend's toned stomach that he could get to.

"It would appear so," the officer snickered in return. He didn't mind being a sap, though, if it made Jaemin feel better.

———————
i wanna do one of those character q&a things but i'm scared no one would participate o o f

n e ways i kinda snapped so i thought i'd share bc you guys make me not self conscious <3 soz for the messy hair