011

Jaemin woke up groggy and wishing he could say he had clothes on. He felt stupid for going all out like he did last night, but deep down he knew he couldn't help it. If it wasn't one thing it'd be another.

The brunette sighed and untangled himself from a sleeping Sehyoon, who didn't even stir at the commotion. He pulled his clothes back on and left both the bedroom and the house, ignoring Donghyuck calling his name several times.

He decided to walk home, not wanting to wait around for his driver to get there. Plus, he needed the fresh air anyway after the night he had.

As he strolled down the street, he thought back on what had happened last night. He immediately felt bad for lashing out at Jeno—who obviously just had his best interest in mind. However, the officer was right when he said he had no place to say anything about his antics.

He smiled as he remembered the hug so kindly graced upon him. It was way out of character, considering the way Jeno jerks away from any type of physical contact. Not only that, he let him hold his hand as well. Jaemin was going to have to cry more if this was how Jeno acted.

He arrived at his house not long after, maids meeting him at the door and fervently asking him if he'd like anything. The brunette dismissed them all with a wave of his hand and trudged up to his bedroom, wanting nothing more than to take a shower and sleep.

The teen locked himself in his connecting bathroom and stripped down. He noticed purple marks undoubtedly left by Sehyoon last night. He cringed before his eyes trailed over every other part of his body, silently drinking in every imperfection until he had enough and decided to get in the shower and wash off every trace of Sehyoon he could.

🔴🔵

Jeno tapped his pen as he tried to get some work done. His mind kept traveling to Jaemin and the happenings of the previous night. How could he just run off? Did someone kidnap him? Did he go to a party?

The possibilities were endless, and that bothered Jeno so much. He couldn't help but feel responsible for the younger's outburst. As far as he knew, he was the reason Jaemin had an absolute mental breakdown and ran away to do god knows what.

His mind wouldn't shut up, and as much as he tried to deny it, he was worried. So worried that he couldn't focus on his work and was getting concerned glances thrown at him left and right. He hated not knowing what had come of last night's interaction.

Frustratedly, he yanked his drawer open and took his car keys out, storming towards the glass doors.

"Jeno! Where are you going?" Yukhei called.

"Lunch," the ravenette mumbled, not looking back as he left the station.

"But it's 10 a.m.?"

The officer sat in his car for a moment contemplating if he should really do this or not. If he goes and Jaemin is just in there chilling, he'd never hear the end of it. On the other hand, what if he was in trouble? What if he hadn't come home?

Deciding he couldn't take it anymore, he put his car into drive and sped in the direction of Jaemin's house, sincerely hoping he wouldn't regret it.

He pulled in and shut his car off before hesitantly making his way to the grand front door. He rang the doorbell and waited mere seconds before a maid greeted him.

"Can I help you?" the lady asked timidly. His uniform obviously made her a little nervous, but he ignored it.

"Is Jaemin here?"