1.

Chapter 1 | Ke'Shyla In Media

Ke'Shyla 💕

"Shy, please... please get that damn phone!"

I rolled my eyes as I answered my phone, "What KayKay!"

"Get up, you have a job interview that I secretly put together... and your going so get that ass up."

"I already have a job."

"Yeah, but this one pays better. Be there in 20."

I huffed hanging up the phone getting off the couch, "Who was that?," Mali asked.

"Girl, Keisha."

"Oh yeah, forgot to tell you... she said you had a job interview today."

"Wow Mali, I would've never known," I laughed.

She cheesed, "Well have fun and good luck."

I live with my best friend I met in college, her name is Mali of course. We both decided to move in together after graduation since we were roommates before. I work at Rue 21 for right now.

I went into my room and laid down as I slowly fell back to sleep.

Knock ! Knock !

My head shot up when I heard her voice, "Shy, you better be fucking ready. I'm not playing."

"Keisha, please leave me alone," I whined.

Keisha is my older sister, I have a older brother too but I have no idea where he's been. My door opened to her and her bestfriend Sky.

"Come on, get your ass up girl," Sky screamed excitedly.

"If I hear those words one more time," I mumbled.

"GET UP!," They said in unison.

"Please leave so I can shower and change."

"You have 15 minutes to be down those stairs or I'm dragging you out the way you look."

I quickly ran to the shower knowing she would because she did it before... don't ask.I put on something that comfortable but also appropriate for this interview. I grab my charger and purse running down the stairs to see Mali and Sky talking.

"Where Keisha?"

"Fat ass in the kitchen."

"You bet not in my ice cream!" I squealed.

"Fuck you Mali," She laughed.

"Well, I'm tagging along... I don't have nothing else to do," Mali said grabbing her purse.

Sky and Keisha was whispering and laughing but when they realized we noticed they looked up.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, you ready?," She cheesed.

"I swear y'all better not be on no bullshit man, come on so I can come back to my heavenly peaceful home."

They nodded as Mali locked up the house and we followed behind to get in Keisha car.

-

"I thought we were going to my interview."

"We here."

I looked up to see a barbershop.

"KayKay, stop fucking playing with me."

"Who playing, now come on."

"There's no way I'm working here."

"You act like your bad at cutting hair."

"I'm not... but around a load of guys?"

"Yes, that's the best part!," Mali squealed.

"Shut up hoe, you suppose to back me up."

"Sorry luv. I'm on they side on this one," She shrugged.

"Three against one, now let's go," Sky smiled.

"You have a 30 day notice to get your shit and get out my house." I whispered to Mali as I walked past bumping her.

She laughed loudly, "Your going to thank me eventually, just be patient."

"Not listening."

We walked in to the sound of laughing, clippers being turned on and brooms dropping.

"Ayo Pete." Keisha yelled.

Everybody stopped as their eyes stayed glued on us.

"Well hello beautiful, you and Dave must got divorced," The guys started giggling.

"Nah." She showed her ring, "But my lil sister need a job and she do this cutting shit better than you," She shrugged.

I put my head down in embarrassment when he asked who.

"Come here Shy."

"Her? Yeah love to see it." He scoffed

"What you think I can't?," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, no girl can." My ears gagged at them words, I hate when people underestimate women, especially me.

"Give me somebody and I'll show you."

"Anybody wanna be a dummy?," He laughed.

Everybody shook their head laughing. I rolled my eyes, "Well having yes men around you of course you gonna get ya way, they do anything you say."

Pete eyed me in curiosity.

"Fine, cut my hair. If I like it... you got the job."

I shrugged taking off my jacket going to wash my hands. He sat in the chair trying to get comfortable and I laughed.

"What?"

"You need a booster?," He looked around to people turning their heads laughing.

"No, just never had a girl in my head before."

I rolled my eyes, "What you want?"

"Freestyle."

I smiled, "You sure?"

"Yeah, no bald type shit funny guy," He turned around mumbling.

I laughed loudly nodding, "Glad you said something before it was too late."

I was almost done and everybody was looking in disbelief, as I put the clippers to his beard I felt him staring at me.

"Can you like stop?"

"How old are you?"

"20."

"Oh, so like you single?"

"Flattered, but I don't do people who underestimate my talent," I turned him around and his eyes widened.

"Wait, take a picture of the side," He handed me his phone

I rolled my eyes snapping it.

"Well... you got the job. You chair over there."

"Cool."

"Oh, this Kendrick, Sam, Monte, Jr. and that's Shawn."

They all wassup me as I waved, "Ke'Shyla, but y'all can call me Shy."

"Where you learn how to cut?," Shawn asked.

"My brother."

"Well why you ain't go to his shop then?"

"You think I'll be in here if he had a shop?"

"Whatever, cause I don't think his cut that good that you can start working here," He scrunched.

"Oh, I see I got a fan on my hands." I blew a kiss saying I'll come back tomorrow since it was a Sunday an it was going pretty slow.

S/N

Yes, yes Sky and Keisha from The Substitute and Model 🙃

Thank me later 😭😭