21.

Chapter 21 | Jr and Mali in Media {he so damn ugly to me!! but i'll ignore it for the book😬}

"So, how are we going?"

"Shy I swear if I knew I would tell you." He lied

"You're a terrible liar." I laughed

"That's because I can never find myself lying to you," He smiled kissing my hand as I sat back thinking.

5 months I've been with him. 7 more months it will be a year... hopefully. If you're asking, no sex yet. But trust he's been trying literally every day. Unfortunately, we're still working on Jr and Mali.

"Before we go in, I just want to say don't be nervous." He smiled.

I grew confusion and laughed at what the hell he was talking about. "Okay."

He nodded leading me into the restaurant and waved at someone but I couldn't see because I'm so small. We got closer and my adrenaline started pumping when I saw how it was.

He smirked, "You okay?"

I stopped in my tracks stopping him as well.

"You never said I'll be coming to meet your mom."

"It will be fine, I promise." He dragged me over as he hugged her and tried whispering in her ear but I heard him

"She's nervous so be easy with the questions."

She swapped him away, "Boy please, I've been waiting on this day for so long... I'm nervous myself."

She got in front of him smiling at me as I returned the favor.

"Hello Ke'Shyla."

"Hey, He never told me your name so." I nervously laughed

"My name is Winter but you can call me mama." I nodded hugging her tightly

We sat down as Shawn whispered, "Oh god."

I questioned him until I saw Aubrey approaching our table.

"Is this the reason why you broke up with me?"

"Aubrey this isn't-

"Then she met your mom before me, you don't have to show her sympathy just because of her mom dying. I-

"What did you just say?," I said getting up.

She huffed, "Repeat what you just said, Aubrey."

"Shy, come on baby... sit down," Winter said gently grabbing my hand.

I sat down slowly hiding my face with the menu pushing my tongue to the roof of my mouth to stop tears.

Aubrey ran away crying, "Aubrey wait." Shawn ran after her

Did he just run after her? Like did he legit just run for her.

I laughed as Winter said something, "He's just trying to get clarification with her, trust me no need to worry."

I wanted to tell her to shut the fuck up so bad, but I just nodded as the waitress came out. I observed the window seeing him hug her as they split ways, I laughed loudly on how a joke this nigga really was. I ordered my food and proceeded to answer the questions about me and some about both me and Shawn. He came and sat down by his mama as she bought up how we met.

"Well, I was just getting a job at the barbershop when all the guys were teasing me and. Let's just say Shawn was the leader." I dryly said

"I thought this story would start with a bump in the store or something." She laughed

Shawn laughed along as I shook my head as a smile popped up.

"Can I talk with you about a touchy subject?," She asked quietly

I nodded even though I had no idea if it will be touchy for me or her.

"What was the relationship with you and your mom?"

Oh... for me, of course.

"Ma what did I tell you?," Shawn said sternly.

"She was my best friend. She was understanding and no one could dare say she was selfish. The greatest words I can describe her in is beautiful, fullhearted, and ambitious. Failure could never brag about beating her or making her almost give up. But you can never take for granted of her, herself nor god would let you badly cross paths with her."

I felt them, uncontrollable tears came.

"Excuse me." My voice cracked

I walked quickly still thinking about in the back of mind not to make a scene. Arms wrapped around my neck as my body landed outside. Kisses plastered on me at a fast pace as I practically began to choke on my cries.

"She still loves you, and you're making her proud." He whispered.

I nodded as breathed in slowly because I felt a panic attack coming along. He dragged me to the car until I stopped. "Why are we leaving?"

"I'm pissed she asked you that after I specifically told her not to."

"Babe, it's okay."

"No it's not, now let's go."

"Well, I want to at least say goodbye."

He huffed before going back in. She was putting her coat when she saw me.

"Shy, I want to-

"Don't listen to Shawn, I said it was okay so it's okay. I actually needed that talk... so thank you. No apology needed." I hugged her

"I don't have a daughter so I just wanted to know what it was like plus me and my mother never was close, I was just curious."

"Well, now you have a daughter." I smiled actually happy I found me another mom to go to.

But nobody got it on Kennedy Myles.

N/A

I was basically bullshitting with this chapter. I was being lazy with it so bare with me on this chapter. This my least favorite one.