26.

Chapter 26 | Shawn in Media

"The black Bonnie & Clyde. What's good ?" Dave smiled

Shy rolled her eyes as we both sat down waiting for Travis to get back to tell us what we need to do.

It's been 2 days and the police have been to my house and Shy house with warrants. Thankfully we were in the parking lot when all of this happened.

Our face is all over the news and we're basically... on the run.

Shy is still mad at me for everything. Her tour was canceled and her collaboration was dropped with Cardi B and Da Baby because they didn't want to have anything to do with that.

Trav walked in with Kyle as they both sat down.

"Look, I'm going to handle the whole thing you both have going on. Just leave out of town for right now."

"And go where genius ?" Shy yelled annoyed

"ANYWHERE, all this money we got and you don't know where ?!" He yelled back.

She rolled her eyes going upstairs slamming the door shut with a scream behind it.

"I'll check on her." Keisha smiled softly

Ke'Shyla 💕

I sat there fuming that I was getting ran out my own fucking home. I've worked to damn hard and went through too much to just give it all up because Shawn doesn't know how to control his got damn temper.

The door creaked open and I grew more annoyed.

"Get the fuck out."

"I understand you mad, but don't talk to me like that."

I looked up to see Keisha with two ice cream cones in her hand as she passed me on. She opened the window to the room nodding for me to go first.

We both got on the roof seating down with our legs crossed facing each other.

After she made me move back with our mom I couldn't stand her. She really pissed me off, but how could I blame her when it was my fault. I've always been insecure so when a boy told me how beautiful I am I felt like I was supposed to give him something in return.

I snuck him in the house and thank god she came in right on time... I was only a freshman. But eventually, we made up and every time we had something to share with one another we would grab some ice cream and come on the roof so no one could hear our conversation.

No matter cold, hot, night, or day. We never let each other fight a battle alone.

"We have to break this cycle that we all have of shooting or violence when we don't get our way. Every single last one of us. We are not teenagers no more, we to damn grown, and most of us have kids. Break the cycle, not the bond. But that doesn't mean you will ever fight your battles alone. If there's a problem, we will unite with one another and solve it."

I nodded one hundred percent in agreement. "I just was excited for this whole tour thing especially to spend it with Shawn, but it's just so fucking crazy how in just one night your whole life change. Now I'm spending my time with him on the run."

By this time we both finish our sandwich so she grabs my paper from my hand and throws it on the ground.

"You dirty ass thot." We both laughed hysterically as there was a knock on the window

Dave and Shawn came into view and I shook my head at their nosiness.

"I thought one of y'all killed each other because it was too quiet," Dave said sitting down.

Shawn came and sat down next to me kissing my hand whispering in my ear how sorry he was and how he would make it up to me.

"So, we made an agreement to stop the trap world." Keisha nodded.

Dave nodded slowly then began shaking his head no, "Maybe we can keep contact with everybody just in case we need them."

"There's no need to. The more we keep in contact the more we going to need them." Keisha rolled her eyes.

"What do you mean ?"

"I mean if we are basically apart of the gang still that means enemies will know and come for us and whoever is apart. If we lost contact maybe we can have some type of peaceful life."

"I haven't had a peaceful life since I was 18." She continued

"That's not a bad idea." Shawn shrugged

"What about my whole rapping career, not trying to sound selfish or-

"But you sound selfish." They said in unison

"How about writing down some songs and have Mali rap them for you and all the money that she gets for those you get."

"So... basically have her get all the credit I did ?"

"No... that's not what I'm saying."

"That's what it sounds like."

"Maybe have her saying your rap name at the end to verify you wrote the song."

"I guess." I began to grow more annoyed

"Well look on the bright-

"There is no bright side." I interrupted Shawn

"As I was saying because I was cut off, look on the bright side. That's easy money." He smiled

"I want y'all to be happy about being a ghostwriter when you actually want to rap," I said getting up going back inside.

"STAY POSITIVE GRASSHOPPER," Dave yelled