5.

Chapter 5 | Shawn in Media

"Oh this would be cute." Mali squealed

It's a huge block party tonight and everybody is legit going nuts about it. I decided I would go because I know Mali wouldn't let me stay in the house. We've been at the mall for 3 hours and we haven't found nothing yet and I'm starting to get agitated and hungry.

"Mali lets go to the food court for right now. Then later go to Rue21 to look for more."

"Fine, but I'm buying these shoes."

I nodded as I observed the food court and I saw Shawn sitting down. I grew excited basically rushing Mali to bring her ass. She told me go without her and I might as well say my ass ran to the food court. I stopped in my tracks as I seen his girlfriend Aubrey sit next to him. I grew irritated

Why am I mad? I don't even know why that one conversation got to me the way it did.. I decided to act like I didn't care since I shouldn't and I felt pretty confident knowing I beat her ass anyway... so I walked past them like it was no harm.

I looked at them from the corner of my eye seeing that Shawn was watching me.

"Yo Shy," I mentally fist pumped myself walking over.

"Wassup."

"What you doing here?"

I looked at Aubrey and she smiled. She seemed so nice, but I still didn't like her ass.

"Here to get a couple things for a party tonight, I needed to get some food in my system before I could finish."

"The block party?," She asked.

I nodded as I looked to the corner of my eye of Shawn eyeing me down like he's on death row and I'm his last meal.

"Maybe we'll see you there. Because we going to it also," She cheesed.

"Well, see you guys around," I quickly go to Subway since I was craving that at the moment for some reason.

Mali came sat in front of me smirking.

"What?"

"So how come you didn't tell me you and special sauce over there are cool now?"

"Didn't know it was a big deal."

"Your lying. Shy... you legit told me how a guy was staring at you once and you thought he liked you when he didn't even know your name."

"Your point being?"

"My point is, you tell me absolutely everything. So you not to tell me about that, I'll think you might be hiding some true feelings for him."

I laughed biting into my cookie shaking my head, "I think the pills are kicking in."

"Shy, I can see right through you."

She can? I mean, he's a natural beauty and gift from god... but do I really want to say I have feelings for him ? Just a few days ago I couldn't stand the sight of him.

"Whatever helps you get through the day Mali."

"Bitch okay, but good news. I found an outfit for both me and you. So let's hurry and get home."

"I don't understand how your rushing me and I was the one waiting on you."

I chuckled getting my food.

-

We get home and Mali tells me not to look into the bag because it's a "surprise".

"Mal, we only have two hours to get ready and you know the block is going to be packed."

"So."

"Oh okay, it better be a fucking parking spot when we get there since you have no care in the world."

"Shy, can you stop panicking? Why are you so tense?"

Maybe because the guy I might have feelings for is going to be there and it's also the same guy who called his girlfriend just for her to get her ass beat.

"Shy!"

"Huh?"

"Your such a weirdo, here's your outfit. Hurry up we only have two hours left." She mocked

I flicked her off going into my room taking a shower.

Which perfume should I wear?

Blossom Tree or Ocean Flint?

"He seems like an ocean flint," I uttered to myself quietly.

"Shy I'm going to leave you," I heard from downstairs I got grabbed my shoes.

I floated down the stairs as she was walking out.

"Did the guy tell you if he was coming to the block party?"

"What guy?"

"Who was just at the mall."

"Oh Shawn, yeah him and his girlfriend."

I applied pressure on the word girlfriend so she can get the idea that I don't want him.

"Girl you think I care about him having a girlfriend?," She laughed.

"I still think y'all should be together," She continued.

"Girl I barely know him."

"A couple dates or more will solve the problem, plus y'all work with each other... can't get better than that."

I rolled my eyes as I seen I had a friend request on Instagram.

Shawnthegoat wants to be your friend.

"Omg is that him?," She squealed.

I ignored her looking at the window.

"IT IS HIM!!"

"Come on Mali. you doing to much focus on the damn road."

"Bitch hush, we here."

I eyed the street as I seen multiple speakers out, glow sticks moving all over with a tables full of food and doors to houses opened.

"This bitch jumping."

"Hurry up and park I see the crew." I said referring to everybody who work at the Shop. We walked over and they eyes bulged

"Damn Shy, I only seen you in joggers and t-shirts. You look bad." Jr nodded

"Thanks." I winked at him as I introduced Mali to them.

"You rap to right?," Sean asked.

She nodded.

"Wait, y'all rap?," Kendrick asked.

"Yeah," We said in unison

"Spit some."

Mali pointed at me to go first and I shrugged, "Fuck this rap beef we catch em leaving out the studio. The police question me told that bitch it ain't for you to know. Murders every night pull up murking shit on sight. If anybody want some beef we wrap them up no beans and rice. I-

"Ohhhhhhh she cold asl." They squealed rubbing around.

I laughed nudging Mali to go she smiled nodding.

"Bitch you a sucker you loving and trusting, cuffing that nigga I know that you love him. Playing it sweet but you know he a bussa I never suck him just cut him and duck him. He wanna link he know I slide with the cutta don't want yo nigga I already fucked him after I fuck you know Ima duck him."

"Y'all got some bars on y'all man." Junior cheesed