2.

Chapter 2 | Mali in Media

"Maybe he just thinks your cute?"

"Mali, by saying my work wasn't good enough for me to start working there?"

I told her about Shawn and his bitchy mood towards me. This is exactly why I didn't want to cut hair, because I'm a woman. But I just love seeing their pissed face when they realize I cut hair better than them.

"Well, show them better than you can tell. I gotta be a work by 3. Loves."

"Loves." I grabbed my keys stopping to get me something to eat before going to this hell hole. They truly did intimidate me but why would I show that ? To prove their point? I entered the shop with a couple of heys and eye rolls.

"Back so soon newbie?," Shawn laughed.

"Why do you have a stick so far up your ass when it comes to me?"

A little boy sat in my chair waving at me shyly. I smiled giving him a fist pump before starting to cut as Sean began to talk.

"Maybe I just don't see why your here."

"The same reason your here, to get money. But I see your only task is to try and run me out but you not," I winked.

"Leave the girl alone Shawn," Pete came walking in.

"He like her," Jr wiggled his eyes.

"Nigga please. She ain't what I'm looking for."

"I'm glad I'm a reflection to you, cause you ain't what I'm looking for either."

The shop oohed as his clippers stopped.

"Girl you know I can call somebody up here to really beat yo ass?"

"Dude stop," Monte said.

"Nah... do both of us a favor, call them." I shrugged as almost all the clients where gone. He nodded walking outside pulling out his phone.

"No offense Shy, but you done fucked up," Kendrick mumbled.

I laid back quiet as he came back with a girl a little bigger and taller. "Wassup," She said sitting down next to me.

"Hey boo," I cheesed.

"Listen, that's my man right there. I don't want no problems cause I'll know I'll beat yo ass. Don't say nothing else to him got it?"

I looked at everybody as they waited for my reaction. Shawn smirked removed as I busted out laughing.

"Girl I'll talk to him how I want, when I want, and whenever the fuck I want. And trust me baby when it come to these," I waved my fist around, "Nobody fucking with me."

She stood up so I stood up, "Not in here!," Pete screamed.

"Come outside." She walked out.

"Man all this is so uncalled for," Monte shook his head.

"Nah she wanted the ass whooping so get it." Shawn bitched

I tied my hair up, as I bumped him walking out. Everybody followed, that's when hell broke loose.

She fight to wild, we were throwing fist as I can hear Shawn screaming "Swing faster Aubrey."

I started swinging even more faster. She yanked my hair trying to drag me but my knees stopped myself as I got my balance back slamming her into the window but the entrance. She fell on her butt as I swung even more.

"Let me get up bitch," She screamed, So I did.

"I don't hear you talking now, where all that energy go?," I pulled my hand up to my ear looking at Shawn.

His nose flared up as his fist balled. If looks could killed, boy I'll be sliced up. His veins popped out his forehead and arms as he stared me down, so I blew him a kiss. She lifted up her face as blood dripped from her nose and a swollen lip as a purple mark started to form under eye. I felt bad... but the bitch asked for it.

She walked up slowly as I quickly punched her backing up.

"Damn," Jr buckled his legs laughing.

She ran towards me but I kicked her stomach with my fist coming afterwards.

"Come on y'all this ain't caused for!," Kendrick yelled.

Tears were coming down her eyes and I felt even more bad.

"Look, we don't have to keep fighting... we can stop if you want."

She looked at me grabbing her things going to her car. I walked up to Shawn, he put his hand in my face.

"Don't even say nothing bitch."

I stood there for a moment laughing until I looked at my clock. 6:49pm, I'm about to get off of work anyway... Why not do something I know I'll never regret?

I punched him in his jaw. He looked shocked and angry as Monte pulled me back and Jr held him back. His fists balled up as he started shaking from anger.

"Let this be some honesty for your ass since you have so much shit stuck up it. You not gone run me out of here. So get use to my fucking face!," I when back into the shop as everybody said good job as I started grabbing my stuff headed home when the door busted open.

"Bitch who you up here fighting!?," I turned to see Keisha, Shy, and Mali in joggers and spaghetti strap t-shirts.

I laughed, "Baby, she long gone. Let's go get something to eat."

-

We sat at the table laughing at the video of me fighting since Jr secretly recorded.

"You have work tomorrow ?" Sky question

"Nah, I'm off. So don't come by my house." I laughed as they flicked me off