38.

Chapter 38 |

Mali 💋

"You told me that you'll do 30 days in jail and 30 days probation."

"Baby, I can't just do that... they'll become suspicious of the case and do double trial which would give her more time. I did what you asked."

"Fine." I kissed him.

"When are we going on that date you promised ?"

"Luke, if we do it's gone have to be far because I've literally had everything here." I lied

"Deal." He smiled

I've been talking to Luke for some weeks now, and one day I was over his house to break up with him when he told me that he had a case that sounded super familiar to Shy's case... then I got a perfect idea.

If I stay with him, he'll give her a short sentence and the quicker she's home.

He began kissing my neck. "Can we make our first time special by waiting until the night of our date ?" I smiled

"Why?"

"We've only been talking for a while and I just want to get comfortable with you. I really like you and I don't want to mess that up just from a little mistake like having sex so fast."

I've been trying to hold off sleeping with him because I really love Jr, but I needed to do this because if I didn't she would've gotten 4 years and maybe more if I would have broken up with him just so he could get back at me.

I'm going to tell Jr tonight so he won't think I did this out of fun or trying to be sneaky.

He nodded, "Of course... you're so thoughtful that's why I love you."

I hide my face expression quickly... nigga love?

I lied, "I love you more. I have to go."

"Why so quick ?"

"I'm going to visit Shy before the hours are over." I smiled

He nodded as I basically ran out of there. I told him I lived close, when in actuality... Jr lives close.

I walked into the house to see him cooking.

"Jr in the kitchen." I wowed

"Seafood. boil, season and serve. One of the easiest ways to cook." He smiled

"Behind microwaving." I laughed

He pointed at me nodding, "True, that's the favorite thing to do for a lazy nigga."

I cleared my throat, "Baby, you remember Shy's judge ?"

"Luke? Right, ain't that's how you say it ?"

I nodded, "The only reason he gave her that short sentence is because of me

"What wait? What do you mean?"

"He likes me, so I told him that I would go on a date with him if he gave her a short sentence."

"And when was this ?"

"A week ago."

"And... your just now telling me this?"

"I wanted to wait until after the trial to be sure enough he meant what he said."

"So you kissing all up on another nigga helped her get a shorter sentence? Mali, it's other ways to do shit."

"Like what? Everybody else was just sitting around whining instead of finding a plan on how to actually help her during this case." I debated

"It doesn't matter! shit like this you talk to me about. Let me guess, you slept with him too?"

"No, I've been pushing him away when he tried too because I actually love you."

He huffed, "Where did you just come from ?"

"His house."

He wowed, "Are you fucking serious right now Mali?, where does he live ?"

"Two blocks away."

"Some fucking girlfriend I have."

"I DID THIS FOR SHY."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THAT. It doesn't matter who or what you did it for!, Shit like that you take up with me. I would you feel if I did the exact same shit to you?"

"If it-

"Don't add things to the scenario, would you be upset yes or no?"

"Yes," I mumbled

"Exactly, so stop trying to go back and forth with me for me not to be upset as if it shouldn't be a reaction I should be giving you." He uttered

"I'm sorry."

He huffed, "Come here."

I walked to him slowly putting my head down in shame. He lifted my chin up with his index finger, "I understand what you were trying to do... but things like that shouldn't be caused for if there's a different way to handle it."

I nodded, "I apologize, I just wanted to do something that was beneficial for her since I've been a terrible friend to her lately."

"It was beneficial, but it also was a wrong thing to do for the right reason kind of situation." He uttered

"I love you."

"I love you more."