36.

Chapter 36 |

Ke'Shyla 💕

I woke up in my room to see it was night time. I observed the clock to see 9:56 pm. I don't remember much of what happened earlier, or how I even got here. I shrugged it off to go downstairs and get something to eat.

My bare feet dug themselves into the carpet as I ran downstairs. I look to see Shawn, Aubrey, Jr, and Mali watching a movie.

"You've been sleeping all day girl," Mali said getting up following me into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I was really tired but I actually feel better."

I knew she didn't know what I meant when I said that. What I meant was that I'm feeling better about the situation with Shawn. I'm not as hurt as I was yesterday and I have no idea how.

I warmed up my omelet as Mali leaned in to whisper.

"Shawn was crying to Jr about you."

I scoffed quietly, "In the confusion of my mind, why when he broke up with me ?"

"He said y'all had a conversation earlier and you said you wanted him killed and that you didn't want to get back in a relationship with him."

"Um no, we didn't."

She grew confused, "Shy, yes y'all did. You walked in at 8 this morning saying you came from Ashton house."

It all made sense now, I probably forgot all of that.

"Oh yeah, I was so tired so whatever I said wasn't really me speaking... you know how I get." I convinced her.

"Sure. Just come into the living room to watch the movie with us."

"Thanks but I'm cool off that."

"Look, I understand he's your ex-

"It has nothing to do with him. I'm just not feeling hanging out with y'all while everybody has their little shadig while mines at work." I simply said

"Come on," she whined.

I huffed grabbing my food sitting on the fluffy chair as they all looked at me.

I began eating when the news came on.

Back on Fox News, there's reportedly been shooting with two separate gangs. The leader of the Tarentinos was shot multiple times earlier tonight.

I dashed upstairs grabbing my keys and phone seeing I had messages from Keisha

From: Sissy💋
~ Trav got shot, not looking so good. Come to the hospital mama was at.
Sent @9:30pm

If it ain't one thing it's a damn nother. Travis has been shot 8 times before, it's no telling if he's going to make it or not.

Shawn was already in my car when I got in.

"Shawn I rea-

"I'm going with, drive." He ordered

I sped down the street beating the steering wheel asking god to give my brother the strength to get past this.

He's not the best to be in an altercation with, but he respects everybody who does the same towards him. He was only doing what he had to do to provide for our family.

We never had much ever since our dad left us. But we don't use that as an excuse because we're stronger than that, we didn't want sympathy and still don't.

"Travis Myles," I said to the receptionist.

"Are you a relative ?"

"Yes." I grew annoyed impatient.

"What's your name ?"

"I'm Ke'Shyla Myles."

Her face grew in a sense of nervousness, and she cleared her throat looking at Shawn.

"And yours?"

"Shawn Cortez." They both said in unison

"How do you know his name ?" I questioned as she pressed a button

I saw two police officers heading our way and I grabbed Shawn's hand yelling run.

I have no fucking idea why they chasing us, know who we are but I'm not about to deal with the dumb shit right now when my brother is fighting for his life.

Pain came in my back as I dropped to the floor. I knew they tased me because a bullet is a whole different level of pain.

"Hands behind your back!" He yelled

I did as I was told seeing Shawn was still running. Well, at least one of us got away. But damn, nigga if it wasn't for me your ass will be in theses handcuffs, not me.

I should've just run by myself.

"Come on, get up."

I was sitting in there questioning room when the chief walked in.

I laughed, of course... there couldn't be any other reason why I'm here.

"We meet again, sorry we had to under these standards."

"Oh no it's fine, I actually prefer this way more."

"I told myself that I would catch, and I noticed your brother was hit and decided it would be a perfect time."

"Your bitch ass couldn't wait till I saw him ?"

"No."

"Ugh, no heart... I see why your kids don't love you."

His eyes changed to anger as he made his way towards me.

His hands wrapped around my neck tightly while I struggled to grab my knife out my pocket.

As I did police started coming in tackling me to the ground grabbing it out of my hand.

"You have no idea how bad you just fucked up." I laughed putting my head back in satisfaction.

He bent down to me aggressively holding my face in his hands.

"What you going to do? Huh?"

I smiled, "Is that thin ice I hear you're under ?"

He threw my hand down in anger, "Get her the fuck out of here, NOW."

"Oh what come on, we were starting to have fun." I laughed harder.