37.

Chapter 37 |

Shawn 🦖

It's been a week since Shy went to jail and today is her court day because of the death of the officer and assault to the chief.

From our lawyer the most she can get is 5 years, one month is to damn long for me.

"Shawn you shouldn't go, you are a suspect for the case too," Aubrey said

"Fuck I look not going. That's the best thing that's ever happened to me that's about to be put behind bars."

"Best thing? Are you serious ?"

I rolled my eyes at the bullshit she's about to start, "If she's the best thing that's ever happened too you why aren't you with her."

My eyes widened from what she said, "Is that bullshit I hear? Because it's your fucking fault as to why we're not together so cut that dumb shit out."

"You love her, don't you?"

"You cheated on me with my brother, didn't you?" I mocked

"Oh my god, get over that shit."

"I did, that's why I love her and not you," I said slamming the door behind me

"Dumb ass broad," I mumbled

The only thing that was in my mind was her. I let some dumb shit get between us and I can't even get her back because of it. These last few days have been a shit show without her in my arms or not being able to touch her.

She was right about everything, the little things matter and there I was fucking it up because I couldn't handle shit the way it should've been.

I entered the courthouse sitting down in the first row with everybody else.

Travis is doing good, he just needs a personal trainer for his leg. When he gets out we on a mission to get the chief after what Shy told us he did.

"You think they're going to actually give her five years ?" DD asked Keisha

"Hopefully not, but with Judge Luke, there's not telling... probably more."

I felt the pain come to my heart as I heard those words... more than five years without being able to physically be with her? My whole vibe became off.

My eyes wandered to the door as they said Case 32 and Shy walked in.

"Ke'Shyla Myles, how do you plead ?"

"Guilty."

We all looked at each other in confusion as to what the hell she was talking about.

"Okay." He nodded

My heart was beating fast and my mind was going nuts about why she pleaded guilty... if she wasn't guilty.

"Ke'Shyla Myles, you have 30 days in jail and one-year probation."

I signed in relief but felt a little skeptical about the fact that she only has.. a month in jail for "killing an officer" along with assault to the chief.

I shook it off thinking it as a blessing, she gave us all a hug before she had to go back in.

"Man, at least that nightmare is bittersweet," Keisha said

"Yeah, but how she gets such a short sentence from something like that?"

"I have no idea, I was thinking about that too... I'm going to have Travis look into that."

I nodded as I see my brother walk in.

"What are you doing here ?"

"Just came to pick up Lisa, she got into a brawl last night." He laughed

I laughed along as Keisha came up.

"Hey, we're all going to my house afterward so just meet us there."

I nodded as Sevyn eyed her walk out.

"Was that Keisha Myles ?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Yeah... how you know ?"

"She the hottest model out what the hell you mean how I know her, you hitting that ?" He widened his eyes

I forgot all about her being in the modeling industry.

"That's Shy's older sister."

"The genetics of beauty and being thick run strong in the family huh ?"

I nodded chuckling.

"So she got a boyfriend or?"

"No." He smiled

"She's actually married." I continued

His face became stale as I laughed loudly.

"Why you here though ?"

"Shy court day."

"Damn. Shawn got a gangsta on his hands."

"Yeah, you know I got Gangsta' Fever." We both shared a laugh.