Chapter 38 - Cake

Yixing pulls you further into the kitchen, allowing you to be swarmed with people. "Y/N! Blow out the candles before they get wax all over the cake!" Baekhyun chimes. You're pulled over to the cake and you obey, blowing the flames out.

Yixing puts his arm around you protectively, hugging you once again. You cry into his shirt, so touched these men did this for you. "Y/N, when's your actual birthday?" Junmyeon asks. You pull away from Yixing.

"January 22," you reply.

"I'm sorry we're so late," Minseok says, pulling you into a hug. "We got gifts!" You smile widely, hugging him back. They sing you happy birthday and you all sit around eating cake in the crowded kitchen. The truth is, you couldn't care less how crowded it is. This is your family now, a family that throws a super late surprise party because you've never had a birthday party before. The best family in the world.

"Y/N come on you have to open gifts!" Baekhyun exclaims. You nod, sitting on the floor and pulling the first package into your lap.

"That's from Jongdae and I," Junmyeon points out. You smile and open the small rectangular box. Inside is keys for a car and your eyes snap to him incredulously.

"Is this a car?"

"Those are actually keys-" Baekhyun stars but Kyungsoo stops him.

"Baekhyun shut up."

Junmyeon laughs, "They're the keys to the 2019 Dodge Hellcat." Your jaw drops.

"Guys you didn't have to do that!" You exclaim.

"C'mon, I know you love your cars!" He says. "Besides, it's from Jongdae and I. We both paid for half." You stand, giving both of the overly sweet men huge hugs.

     "Y/N! Open mine!" Baekhyun yells, handing you a rectangular box. You thank him, opening it. Inside is an iPhone XR box, and you glower at him.

     "You didn't," you say.

     "You should have a cellphone! I set it up with a plan and everything, you have unlimited data usage!" Baekhyun exclaims. "We all have your number in our phones and sent you a text each with our names respectively."

     You engulf him in a huge hug, thanking him profusely. "This is only the second phone I've ever had," you point out. He laughs, patting your back.

     "I hope you like it," he answers.

"I love it, thank you," you reply. You let him go and settle back on the floor.

     Jongin bought you a personalized photo frame that has a picture of you and all the boys in it, with "Friendship" written on the side and a portion of the car. Sehun bought you a luxury spa package that includes body scrubs, bath bombs, Epsom salts, lotion and a robe. Minseok bought you a MacBook Pro. Chanyeol bought you a $1000 gift card to a popular furniture store so you can personalize your room. Kyungsoo got you a phone case, MacBook case, and an assortment of classic books in their original covers. Mina bought you a large assortment of bath bombs and a gift card to a salon for a massage and mani pedi.

     You finally get to Yixing, his gift is in a small box that he holds delicately in his hands. He hands it to you and you carefully open the gift. It's a necklace with "Forever yours" engraved on it. It's diamon and silver, a gorgeous dainty pendant. You give him a hug as you did everyone else, but you also press a quick peck to his lips. The boys and Mina cheer and whoop at the PDA, which in turn causes your face to turn bright red. Yixing laughs, holding you against his chest.

     The day is spent eating generous amounts of cake and watching some low budget horror movies. You laugh the entire time while Yixing has you perched on his lap, his face buried in your back while he screams in fear. At that point, Yixing was far more interesting to you than the movie.

     You all end up ordering in pizzas for supper, which Junmyeon and Mina go to pick up. You've never been so happy in your entire life. You're 20 and celebrating your first ever birthday party. You have a shit ton of gifts that you keep thanking everyone profusely for, and you incessantly play on your iPhone. You've been texting Yixing non stop for probably three hours, sending him updated emojis and essays about how you appreciate them.

     Yixing lets you take him for a ride in your new car, which is ridiculously fast and smooth. Throughout the drive, you're in a state of utter adrenaline. Your father slips away, the murder of your twin slips away, everything fades until it's just you, Yixing and the road.

     After supper, you all spend some time playing board games and video games. For the first time in your memory, everyone is happy. The house feels full, complete. You never want it to end, and you wonder if this is what life would be more like after your father is gone. No huge power lurking behind the doors, no skeletons in the closet.

     By the time Yixing takes you to bed, it's well past 3 in the morning. The warm feeling of happiness infects the two of you, even when you're laying next to each other in bed. The necklace around your neck is warm and inviting, a reminder of how he feels for you. Idly, Yixing runs a finger across your cheek, underneath your eye. He starts pressing open mouthed kisses on your neck, sending shivers rocketing through your body.

     You latch onto his hair while he switches between kissing your neck and exposed collar bones and your lips. Your body responds instantly, your body arching into his, wanting him to give you more, but you can tell he's reluctant.

     "Yixing wait," you say. He obeys instantly, pulling away so he can look at your face.

     "Am I moving too fast?" He asks apologetically.

     You shake your head, "No, that's not it. I want this. But do you?"

     Yixing smiles in the dim lighting of the room, "Yes, of course I do, Y/N. I've wanted this for a long time, but I don't want to hurt you."

     "You won't."

——————

A/N

I like never do these but YALL THE NEXT CHAPTER IS ABOUT TO BE SMUT SO HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS