Chapter 41 - Game

Pulling up outside Bigbang's house is one of the most nerve wracking moments in your life. The driveway to the huge house is packed with cars, so you do know everyone who means anything is here. Here to kill your father. You park your car as close to the house as possible with all the cars littered about.

You and Yixing exit your new car, the rest of EXO following suit behind you. Junmyeon and Mina figured it was the best idea for her to go back to Kyungsoo's mother. She'll be the most protected there, far away from your father. Yixing tried to convince you to go as well, to get as far away as possible before everything goes to absolute shit.

As usual, he was unable to sway you. You doubt he was surprised you stayed. It's your father, your fight to end. Whether you kill him yourself or not isn't what's important, what is important is the fact you never backed down from him, no matter how scared you are.

Yixing holds onto your hand apprehensively as you all reach the door to the house. Junmyeon knocks a special pattern on the door, three short and two long. The door quickly swings open to reveal a disheveled looking Park Kyung. The sight of him makes you inhale a sharp breath. You haven't seen him in quite a while.

     "Come in," he says, shooting you an apologetic look. "We're just in the dining room." He leads you all through the foyer into a large dining room with a long table elegantly placed in the middle. The ten of you take seats while the other gangs watch, eyes sharp and calculating. Kyung goes back to his seat which is between Jaehyo and Taeil. You assume he's taken over as leader since Zico died.

     "Thank you all for coming," Jiyong says, green hair vibrant under the artificial lighting. "This is an important meeting. The Yakuza have moved in to aid Malcolm Bennett, which means we have to act quickly. If he receives any more enforcements, the odds will not be in our favour."

     "When then?" Shownu, the leader of Monsta X, presses. "This fight isn't going to be easily won."

     "There's no point chickening out now," Sunggyu, the leader of Infinite, says. You find yourself ignoring the conversation firing away around you. You know they're all going to fight, and you know it's going to be won on your side. Your father will fall the day you enter your house.

     "Y/N, what do you think?" Jiyong asks. Your head snaps up, suddenly lost in the conversation.

     "About what?" You ask.

     Jiyong shoots you a genuine smile, "About where we go in through."

     You take a second, "There's no point in trying to sneak in. That place has cameras everywhere and a wrought iron gate guarding it. We're going to have to just bust in and go for it. We can position snipers at the fence to cover the entrance. The snipers will be easy enough to sneak in, as long as you know the blind spots of the cameras, which, lucky for all of you, I do."

Seunghyun nods, "It'll be valuable to have someone who knows the house."

"Will you be coming to the attack?" Shownu asks. You nod.

"Yes," you answer.

"I assume you wish to be the one who kills him?" Jiyong inquires, taking a sip of his red wine.

"No, I just have to be there. If I don't watch him die with my own eyes I'm not sure I'll ever be able to 100% believe he's gone."

"Then that's what will happen," Jiyong says, nodding once in your direction. You thank him, and sit back in your chair.

Once again, you tune out the details of the conversation. You know fully well that Junmyeon will remind you all over and over again of what the plan is. This "attack" is harder than ever because no one is on the inside. There are two sides to this fight and no one knows what the fuck is happening on the other. Your father knows you'll attack, and you know he'll defend.

There's no doubt about it, your father will fall; Your mind is set on that. However, the issue is how many casualties will suffer the consequences of this. Who will walk in and never walk back out? You plan to go in there and raise as much hell as you can before it's too late. All you can hope for now is that no one will get killed, although the thought is fleeting and hopeless. These people have been trained to kill since they were basically able to walk. You know people will die.

You stand up abruptly, suddenly needing air. "Excuse me for a moment," you say, turning and exiting the room in a hurry. You quickly get to the front porch, inhaling deeply. Hesitating, you sit down on the steps, chewing at your nails.

Sitting in a room full of people who are going to risk their lives to take down your father makes you sick to your stomach. It might be the last time you see a lot of these people alive. Your father is going to be the one ending these peoples lives and it makes you sick to think you came from such a genuinely evil man.

You hear the door behind you open and you expect Yixing. When the man sits down on the chair near you, you know it isn't Yixing. You turn your head and see Seunghyun sitting there, leaning back in the chair.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi."

"Why did you leave?" He asks. You shrug, leaning your head against the railing of the deck. "Tell me."

You sigh, "I hate the fact that I'm related to the man that is causing all of this. I was raised by him, trained by him, groomed by him. My brother and I were born to be killers, to take over his empire once he died. I never wanted it, I never wanted to hurt people."

"Look on the bright side, your father brought together all of the big gangs in Seoul without meaning to. Showing a united front is better than feuding like children. Sure, he's an atrocious man but we've come together to take him down. We've learned from his mistakes and I know Jiyong wouldn't ever do things half as bad as what your father did," Seunghyun says, patting your shoulder awkwardly.

"But what if he gets into power and completely fucks us all over?" You ask.

Seunghyun shakes his head, "Listen, Y/N. I've known Jiyong for two decades now, I know who he is. He isn't unnecessarily harsh, he cares about the comfort of others, and he hates watching people suffer. No amount of power could make him into a terrible man and I will support that whole heartedly. We all believe in him."

     "I know," you reply, holding your head in your hands. "But what if we all die doing this?"

     "They're out gunned, there's no chance we will fail, especially because you know the property so well. Some of us will die, but I am confident we will come out of this on top," he says. You nod.

     "Thanks," you say. "Should we go back in?"

     "Let's stay here for a little while. I don't want to go back in just yet, it's so stuffy." So the two of you do wait. Until you feel ready to face your demons.