𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕪 𝕫𝕠𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕖

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

A hard smash against the crummy apartments wall was enough to knock her out for a couple of hours and when she came to, she noticed the place was empty. She staggered onto her feet and limped to the bathroom. Turning the knob of the shower faucet, she observed her reflection in the mirror. A large gash had crusted blood over her temple and several bruises were scattered on her flesh.

After a sigh from examining the damage her boyfriend created, she began to strip to step into the slowly heightening temperature of the shower. Though some of her wounds were still sensitive to the touch, the high temperature appeared to help the pain that she felt in certain places. She attempted to let warm water rinse out the wound on her temple, but each attempt resulted in feeling a stinging feeling over the wound. Once she had enough of the continuous burning sensation, she turned the knob to a freezing temperature to shock her senses before shutting it off all together.

Hope rose within her. Though she didn't have it often, she held onto this to keep her from the fear she always was in. The constant abuse she endorsed was effecting her profession. Soreness, bruises, cuts, and even broken bones faltered every audition she partook. Without having a stable income, she had to result to working for a demeaning restaurant to live somewhat properly. Despite her boyfriend having a job, he would carelessly spend it on liquor, drugs, and God knows what.

This wasn't the life Lapis had wanted. She didn't want to live Day by Day on a small paycheck. She didn't want to feel anymore of her boyfriends beatings. She didn't want to be pushed further from her passion. She wanted to live freely, not chained from this life. It felt as if she was shackled deep into the ocean, drowning in pain, fear, and angst.

Lapis was hoping she could live her dream.

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

Dress code was a fucking joke.

Multiple young ladies swayed their hips in their short skirts from rushing to serve their customers. The scoop of their tight shirts went far too low to please the creepy men that came in. Stockings were pulled up their legs, imitating the school girl look that many lingerie shops had costumes of. Pigtails were required if the female employees had long enough hair.

Usually, Lapis would sport a yellow hat with the company's logo on it and a pair of black spanks instead of the skirt but today was laundry day. She had received plenty of stares and a slap on her rear. There was a rule against physical contact, but that didn't stop some. Thankfully, the man was thrown outside.

"So," Lapis leaned on the risen booth's table, giving a good view down her shirt, "One Baby Bleu Cheese Burger with ketchup and an All-American-Girl Burger, hold the cheese."

Lapis smirked at the two men that nodded and snapped their eyes to her face. They were still in their work uniforms, either just getting off of work or on a lunch break. The girl winked at them and sauntered off to the kitchen.

Who the fuck eats bleu cheese with ketchup? Lapis thought as she groaned and pinned her ticket on the metal ordering rack.

She rolled her eyes at the constant barking in the kitchen and looked into a mirror the manager had hung for the waitresses. Her hair was dyed into two shades of blue, straight down the middle, making it look perfect in pigtails. Painfully and regretfully, she covered the wound she had gotten earlier with makeup. It looked horrible. The cracks from the crusted blood wouldn't blend with her foundation, making her appearance look more of a zombie than a human being.

In an attempt to let her stress and anxiety out, she exhaled before plastering a sultry face for the tables.

"Here you are." Lapis smirked as she set down orders of mixed drinks she had gotten from the bar. "Do we know what we're having yet?"

"You." One of the men sleazily smiled. Members of the group around him chuckled at his disgusting joke.

Lapis held back a snarky remark and covered her anger with a fake embarrassed giggle. "I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not on the menu. Besides," She cocked her head in an effort to act dumb, "Cannibalism is illegal."

Some of the table got her crack and laughter erupted, while the others scoffed and gave her looks that could call her a loon. Lapis wore a victorious smirk and leaned down on the table, her gaze set on the man on her right that was chuckling. She saw the stares of the men. She felt dirty whenever she would flirt and show off too much skin for others. She had learned a while back that if you showed more, you get a larger tip.

Once she took the tables order, she turned to slink back into the kitchen but noticed a new pair sitting at one of her tables. She raised an eyebrow at them before hurrying to the kitchen to set down the order and return to the new customers.

"Welcome to Knockers." Lapis smirked at the two females. "Are you fine ladies celebrating anything?"

The blonde scoffed and put her chin in her hand. "The bartender makes the best Strawberry Daiquiris'. He got fired from the 'litest' club and got a job at this stupid place."

Lapis looked up to view the bartender. She didn't know much about him, but she mentally shrugged it off. She honestly didn't care.

"I'm here for the gorgeous views." The brunette gave her a half smile and leaned on the table. "And don't worry, we're not cannibals."

This made Lapis cover her mouth to contain a snort that was begging to escape. She softly giggled and then bent over, giving whoever behind her a taunting sight. "Thanks for not being horny bastards."

"I may not be a bastard, but I never said I wasn't horny." The brunette laughed while the girl across the table slapped her arm and giving her a smile.

Lapis tried to contain her laughter as she felt relaxed with the two. She laid the serving tray on the table and giggled as she set the notepad on top. "So a Strawberry Daiquiri and a..." She trailed off in a questioning note.

"Pink Vodka Lemonade."

"Such great choices." Lapis gave a closed mouth grin after checking their ID's, "I'll be right back with those."

And the night went on. Lapis went from table to table, showing her glorious slim curves to all wandering eyes. Thankfully from all the flirting and being attractive, she had earned over two hundred dollars in tips. She would be sure to hide this wad of cash from her partner, as he would force it from her and claim that she wasn't sharing in the relationship. Tomorrow would be the day where she would try to land the dancing job and never have to display her body in such a retched way again.

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

In collaboration with Lsapphy.

(Words: 1184)